Alpha-Omega Workshops (1 Viewer)

Tangent

HSC
Thinking about going to an alpha-omega workshop for yr 11 exams next weekend. Just wondering if anyone has been/is going to one. And also what are they like?

blackforest

HSC
its good. workshop notes are pretty good for summary. there are some good lectureres, and some crappy ones. depends who u get.

Kittikhun

HSC
I went to chemistry. It was practically useless and the exam papers at the back are no better than the exam practice questions that you have in your own prescribed textbooks. It was a waste of $20 really. On the other hand, the Mathematics Extension 1 workshop is way worth it. You get course notes and a useful test papers in the league with those you have offered in the resource part of this website.

blackforest

HSC
I went to chemistry. It was practically useless and the exam papers at the back are no better than the exam practice questions that you have in your own prescribed textbooks. It was a waste of $20 really. On the other hand, the Mathematics Extension 1 workshop is way worth it. You get course notes and a useful test papers in the league with those you have offered in the resource part of this website.
I'm guessing you didnt have a very good teacher? cuz theres a guy called chris who is AWESOME.

Divinity_

HSC
Tbh, not that great. Matrix or Talent 100 is probably better.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The free workshops were fairly lame. [Yr 12 half yearly ones]

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Waste of time in my opinion.
They content they covered was go general and basic, so if you know your stuff already - there's no point in going. However it was good for my friends who had no clue, as they'll teach you the basics.

This is just for physics btw - I don't know about other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)