All nighter or not? (1 Viewer)

Sidekickk

HSC
So, I have an economics exam tmr and i know roughly half the content at best. Do you guys suggest that I stay late (ie.3am) to cram? Note: I don't want to pull an allnighter because it's a horrible experience and I have a 4unit exam the following day. Advice?

Edit: the exam is 40% of my school mark

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you've got time to study tomorrow, go over everything as much as possible, and get a good night sleep. You'll retain more.

If no time to study, stay up, learn it, then get some sleep. Hopefully, it'll stay in your head.

Blocy

HSC
N/A
IMO, a good night sleep can do wonders for stress the day before exams. However varies greatly and sometimes cramming works very well with some people.
From my experiences, if you don't know your content well, it might be better to stay up learning them... but MAKE SURE you get SOME sleep in!

annieeeex

HSC
N/A
CRAM CRAM CRAMMM CRAMM!!! stay up all night!!
that is only if you have the energy to. Just sleep for 20 minutes then study all night. Then drink coffee when you get to school. But dont do this all the time. Coffee helps you stay alert in the short term lol

yoyoyoshi

HSC
N/A
Definitely not staying up, but I suppose some people can do late nights. I excessively studied for an exam to keep my first ranking in Business Studies, staying all up night and when the actual day of the test came I knew the information needed to answer but I couldn't put it on the paper because I went I guess kinda blank? I felt everything I was writing wasn't answering the question and stupidly, I didn't read the question properly... ah wells... :/ I learn't my lesson. I didn't do well for it.

Sanjeet

HSC
Dunnno about you guys, but for the first time a couple weeks ago I went to bed early for an english exam that was the next day. Did not work at all. Forgot everything.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
For me cramming works haha. So many all nighters and lesson has not been learnt.

Also, how'd you go OP?

Siddy123

HSC
im pulling an all nighter tonight...
gonna be nailing dem maffs questions b4 my exam in 2 days...

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
i dunno, all nighters work for me... pulled them for all my hsc exams and trials minus maths, turned out fine somehow

this isn't really good advice.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Definitely not staying up, but I suppose some people can do late nights. I excessively studied for an exam to keep my first ranking in Business Studies, staying all up night and when the actual day of the test came I knew the information needed to answer but I couldn't put it on the paper because I went I guess kinda blank? I felt everything I was writing wasn't answering the question and stupidly, I didn't read the question properly... ah wells... :/ I learn't my lesson. I didn't do well for it.
^This. But for me I miraculously did well. However I really wouldn't suggest it.

RishBonjour

HSC
They work for everything except maths
unless you are attempting to "memorise" the whole course in one day
(did that for year 11 eco yearly. lulll, forgot everything)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)