Alignment and scaling question (1 Viewer)

hayleyemma96

HSC
If I do better in the exam than I do in my assessments e.g 82% and rank 1/7 in assessment but get 85% and rank 1/7 in the exam, what happens to my mark.
Does my assessment get scaled up or does my external get scaled down?

Hayley :)

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Depends I guess... If I understand your question correctly.
Say, if that were Chemistry, which scales up with marks that high. The internal 82% might end up over 85% with scaling and moderation, whilst aligning could take your 85% exam mark up to 95 or so... Depends on the difficulty of the exam, and in that situation your exam mark indicates that your internal mark was probably a bit too low and you are actually better than a lot of students who would have beat you state wide on internal marks. So many variables and complex. Being ranked first, you kind of determine your own results with it, but if your school is ranked high it will also greatly help.

Candidate

HSC
If I do better in the exam than I do in my assessments e.g 82% and rank 1/7 in assessment but get 85% and rank 1/7 in the exam, what happens to my mark.

Your internal would become 85% as well.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
Not because the other mark is 85?

That means I could get internal 60 and go up to 90 if my external was 90...

D94

HSC
N/A
You will get 85 for your HSC exam mark and 85 for your assessment mark.

HSC
No because you have 4-5 assessments through the year ("internals") and your external gives more weight so you would get the 85%.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Simple - as you are first on the internals with a mark of 82 - the mark the school will send into the BOS and you then get the top exam mark of 85 for your school your final mark will be 85 for both.

If someone else gets the top exam mark say of 90 and your exam mark is 85 then your moderated internal mark becomes 90 and you keep your own exam mark of 85 giving you a final HSC mark of 87 (90+85)/2 and rounded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)