Aims for the holidays (1 Viewer)

sweetkiki

Unconscious Member
HSC
N/A
Better yet, kidnap them and bring them to Spiral! I'll finally get to have New Years dinner.
lol

also, those with major works should be working through them
you'll thank yourselves around trials

So-joo

HSC
English Advanced - Complete practice essay to send to teacher, watch Strictly Ballroom and read Great Gatsby and take notes on Welcome to Dongmakgol
Studies of Religion II - Polish homework and notes, do practice essays, have basic understanding of the rest of the syllabus
Ancient History - Same... SO MUCH SHIT TO MEMORISE THOUGH UGH
Japanese - Complete holiday homework, read through textbook and answer every single question (aka. see if I can understand everything the textbook throws at me) revise vocabulary
Art - Learn Flash, study for test next year, start Body of Work ohfuckohfuck

I've been studying 2 hours a day and I see all these people studying 3-5 hours... holy shit really need to work up my game.

Aysce

HSC
I finally got through something !! :D :D :D

Billybro

HSC
Well I have alot of consolidating notes I should be doing but I think all I'm going to do is:
English Adv : Read Julius Caesar and watch Citizen Kane
English Ext1: Read the shipping news (should've been read ages ago =[)
Modern History : Consolidate notes, start reading on Germany 1939-1945
Ancient History : Consolidate notes :D
Biology : Finish off some dot points that I've missed

Should only be about a week and a bits work, should be doing more but really enjoying the break haha, good luck to everyone else with their studies over the course of the holidays :D

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I blame my Eng assignment being icky and awful...it's due early Feb so it's looming and I feel I can't get on with anything else till I finish it. And Adv Eng is the most competitive subject of all! I'm tied =1st on 100% !!! There's only one way to go!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I blame my Eng assignment being icky and awful...it's due early Feb so it's looming and I feel I can't get on with anything else till I finish it. And Adv Eng is the most competitive subject of all! I'm tied =1st on 100% !!! There's only one way to go!
I envy your marks.

My holidays have resulted in me getting high from sugar and thus little sleep.

I am yet to go into the famous "beast mode". :(

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^Spi, once I get back from science camp, I need to beast for a week to catch up. I haven't really done any English extension stuff in the hols, and only a little for my other subjects. (adv eng(MUST finish assignment arggggh), math(practised superannuation and time payments), bio, chem and modern, all working on my neglected 1st module summaries, VERY little for Modern)

On the plus side, I have my methods book complete up to date to what we've done so far, and my formula flashcards up to date. Although, I think my school is behind on topics (we've only done two complete HSC topics, and there are 9 right going off my excel guide). I'm pretty sure the next one we're doing is Logs, so I looked a lil at that just to get the gist. May learn the log laws so I can be a lil ahead of the others.

I think this is the first year of my life, I haven't been behind in math :) Your maths dedication inspires me. Aw, envy for my English marks, it is my best subject. Remember I'm always happy to look over your stuff, you help me so much with math! It's nice to be sitting on 100% for both Adv Eng and Ext 2 atm (we haven't done Ex1 task yet). Too bad those are very small tasks and I will gradually knock percentages down.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
^Spi, once I get back from science camp, I need to beast for a week to catch up. I haven't really done any English extension stuff in the hols, and only a little for my other subjects. (adv eng(MUST finish assignment arggggh), math(practised superannuation and time payments), bio, chem and modern, all working on my neglected 1st module summaries, VERY little for Modern)

On the plus side, I have my methods book complete up to date to what we've done so far, and my formula flashcards up to date. Although, I think my school is behind on topics (we've only done two complete HSC topics, and there are 9 right going off my excel guide). I'm pretty sure the next one we're doing is Logs, so I looked a lil at that just to get the gist. May learn the log laws so I can be a lil ahead of the others.

I think this is the first year of my life, I haven't been behind in math :) Your maths dedication inspires me. Aw, envy for my English marks, it is my best subject. Remember I'm always happy to look over your stuff, you help me so much with math! It's nice to be sitting on 100% for both Adv Eng and Ext 2 atm (we haven't done Ex1 task yet). Too bad those are very small tasks and I will gradually knock percentages down.
Thank you and get some sleep!

I expect big things from you when you return!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^I tried fixing my body clock, it was an abysmal fail. I've always had insomnia really. It normally kicks into an almost normal gear come schooltime.

It's sad because one of my new years resolutions is to have regular body clock i.e sleeping and getting up same time. I did it because in Yr 11 when I had morning classes, it was shot all over the place because I would be getting up early those days, sleeping in the others.

At camp, it'll be likes school, so it'll get into gear but it'll be hard to maintain due to time zone difference. It'll be easy to get into the swing of it there due to it being behind timewise :)

How did you cure your insomnia Spi?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
^I tried fixing my body clock, it was an abysmal fail. I've always had insomnia really. It normally kicks into an almost normal gear come schooltime.

It's sad because one of my new years resolutions is to have regular body clock i.e sleeping and getting up same time. I did it because in Yr 11 when I had morning classes, it was shot all over the place because I would be getting up early those days, sleeping in the others.

At camp, it'll be likes school, so it'll get into gear but it'll be hard to maintain due to time zone difference. It'll be easy to get into the swing of it there due to it being behind timewise :)

How did you cure your insomnia Spi?
Did not sleep last night. Did it on purpose so I know the consequence of not sleeping and never do it again. I was bearly able to stand up today.

FTW

HSC
I know it's just the early stages or the year for you guys, and HSC is important, but it's not worth bad health over. A girl in my school 2 years ago got chronic sleep disorder as she was trying to do too much (15 units). She ended up only getting between 2-3 hours sleep on average throughout the whole year. I know each person has their limits, but just be careful about it. I know personally in the holidays during school i would wake up at 1pm go to bed at 3am each day, but just make sure you get enough sleep!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I know it's just the early stages or the year for you guys, and HSC is important, but it's not worth bad health over. A girl in my school 2 years ago got chronic sleep disorder as she was trying to do too much (15 units). She ended up only getting between 2-3 hours sleep on average throughout the whole year. I know each person has their limits, but just be careful about it. I know personally in the holidays during school i would wake up at 1pm go to bed at 3am each day, but just make sure you get enough sleep!
Thanks, i'll try to sleep early tonight. But holidays are so much fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)