age of empires 3 (1 Viewer)

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
yes, its out tommorow.
i just tried the demo, mmm seems ok but i still prefer the interface of aok. aoe3 seems to of lost half its buildings and units from the 20minute game i played.
the mini map is now on the left side and its annoying :mad:, and to get food you have to kill pretty cows :'( they are so cute.

question; do you think you will have to pay to play it online like wow?

after playing the demo i now don't want to buy it. if you buy it leave some feedback for potential buyers like myself. i dunno it seems aok can never be defeated in the series of age of empires and all other strategy games i have played. just my opinion.

link for the demo
http://www.gamershell.com/download_10627.shtml {380mb zipped, 427mb unzipped download}

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
play aoe 3 . its free to play online. ill be getting it for sure. ill keep you on the update

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
play aoe 3 . its free to play online. ill be getting it for sure. ill keep you on the update
damnit. i cant find electronic beatique site . i wanna check if they will have the game tomorrow. anyone know if they have a site

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
anita_wax said:
after playing the demo i now don't want to buy it. if you buy it leave some feedback for potential buyers like myself. i dunno it seems aok can never be defeated in the series of age of empires and all other strategy games i have played. just my opinion.
i think (or i know;) ) that the only reason that AOK will remain unrivalled is that the europe/asia landmass contained more compeition and comquering: america was a race between spaniards, british, and indians (to stay alive)

that could also be the reason y a heavy amount of units have been reduced: i dont think persia was shipping elephants to america at the time :p

the home base thingy also reminds me of the god powers in AOM: not good enough for a guarantee from mee, but still worth a try nonetheless

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
A warning:

Having played (& finished) the full version (and being big on RTS), it gets surprisingly boring after a while.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
A warning:

Having played (& finished) the full version (and being big on RTS), it gets surprisingly boring after a while.
similar thing can be said about age of empires 2. its kinda boring playng against the computer. but once u start playing online against real people and form clans and stuff it makes trhe game so much better

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i went to an Ebay store in the city and the guy said they are getting the game in on thr 10th. i dotn knwo if its true for other stores. but they didnt have it

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
campaign isnt the best (was expecting historical stuff)...
though somehow cant be bothered playing this one multiplayer.. just dont feel like it

KoeN

Yeah, i've been playing retail AOE3 for a few weeks now (thankyou filetopia!)

I think it's fairly awesome, the experience/level based concept is something blizzard has been pwning at for YEARS AND YEARS! AOE3 finally caught on, for a fairly enjoyable game. But it requires fairly massive specs to look really sexy- i love hammering native indians with howitzers! watch those cannonballs rape someone, then roll down a hill into a river and disrupt a passing turtle! ITS AWESOME!

Still..... WoW and Wc3 are the two greatest games of all time (oh and D2 of course). and NOTHING will evre change that. not even FEAR, which is equally koo as AO3.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
my friends already play multiplayer for aoe3. i hate campaigns an computer ai in age of empires...really wanted to know multiplayer. my friends are all like 'yeah best game ive played in ages...' blah blah blah they just want me to buy it :cool:

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
AoE III was just boring, I didnt even finish the first campaign before I stopped playing.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
anita_wax said:
my friends already play multiplayer for aoe3. i hate campaigns an computer ai in age of empires...really wanted to know multiplayer. my friends are all like 'yeah best game ive played in ages...' blah blah blah they just want me to buy it :cool:
is this with the official version?

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
The_highwayman said:
I think the sims is a fun game, so i dont think boredom will be a problem for me :D
the sims is possibly the most boring game known to man kind :| ive never played something so dull ever.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
the sims has no point...no objective...and u dont gain anything from it...and also its too slow and gay....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)