After 13 years...thoughts, emotions and pearls of wisdom (1 Viewer)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
13 years of schooling is finally over. For some it marks the start of a new life, for others it is just the beginning of their education. I would be interested to hear your various thoughts, emotions and anything else you have to share about your schooling experience :)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
*sniffles at Lazy's post*

awwwwwwwww.....

I'm actually feeling a little empty at the moment...I mean for Christ's sake it's Christmas Eve, and I don't feel anything!

Mum and I had a big cookout today and she was telling me how high school ws the best time of her life...I'd have to agree so far, but it's a pretty depressing thought that it may all be downhill from here!

I guess I've been too busy these last 13 years generally to be able to pause and think about everything that's happened. I feel kinda sad in a way, because growing up is never going to happen to me again. I've been feeling like this all year, and now that the HSC is finally officially over, the empty feeling has come back with a vengeance.

As for pearls of wisdom...I have none at the moment...perhaps someone would like send some my way!

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by Weisy

she was telling me how high school ws the best time of her life...I'd have to agree so far
i'd have to agree too....but i'm excited about starting uni, though i hope i don't get bored of the thought come the 3rd of march 2003

Christine

beige member
HSC
I'm glad its all over despite the fact i'm contemplating doing it again.

As for wisdom:

* Go hard or go home

* Never look back

:)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Work hard, try your best, smile, be good to others.
If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to get it.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
just one word, although people doing the hsc would differ - enjoy (your school years) ... and with that im going to enjoy uni and make the most of it ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
yep I'm looking forward to a new life at Uni and can't wait to get started (so glad school is over now, became to repetitive).

I reckon the key to doing well is a mixture of work and recreation as people say work hard, play hard.

Pretz

haha i was just thinking about that the other day, except about people with two last names eg- Wilson Smith

xanadu2428

HSC
N/A
Always hated school, left 4 years ago have done correspondence through oten since and i never here from them, im happy to be finished the hsc and now going on to do a course i love, and can actually use in the future!

Christine

beige member
HSC
xanadu - ur signature is also a great source of wisdom :)

and so is vendi vidi visa

i came i saw i shopped

(i hope i spelt that right - weisy where are u when i need u?)

xanadu2428

HSC
N/A
yes seize the day lol as christine pointed out, we never know what the future will hold!

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Christine
xanadu - ur signature is also a great source of wisdom :)

and so is vendi vidi visa

i came i saw i shopped

(i hope i spelt that right - weisy where are u when i need u?)
I think it's veni, not vendi ;). I did 1 painful year of Latin in year 7...

BTW Christine, isn't it "Give me the Beach Boys..."? That's what I always heard it as, could well be wrong though :p.

Christine

beige member
HSC
nup its beat boys

well at least i hope it is

hmmm i might go check it out actually

na i'm right :)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Christine
nup its beat boys

well at least i hope it is

hmmm i might go check it out actually

na i'm right :)
So who were the beat boys? :confused:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Yes... if you EVER, EVER plan for a reunion to see everyone again... start early and get at least one reliable contact from as many sub-groups as you can now, especially those with common surnames...

I'm talking from experience. :p

Keep in mind that the dastyantos, violakis' and the elghetanys (etc...) can be easily found in the white pages...

On that note.. get their parents' initials down as soon as you can so you can actually locate them later as well (for hints and clues).

Local newspapers might come in handy, if the offices are ever open (don't go anywhere near holidays, they give themselves early marks :mad1: ).

Use church/parish notices...

For the next year's year 12s looking for older friends eg. in primary school... assuming the others go to high schools, get the dates of their social events and use them to make an announcement/visit.

Be prepared to travel. Also be prepared to do it yourself and/or oversee everything.

Follow up every lead as soon as possible, privacy policies will not, as a general case, allow you to contact an ex-employee or student directly AND schools don't keep contacts of old students correct as of when they leave...

Australia post isn't reliable in holiday times. :D

Not having a list of everyone in your old schools hurts... very much....

Pay up once for the schoolfriends.com.au and that after you see people that you can't otherwise get into contact with. Then pray they check their emails if they get email notification.

Lastly... you probably will hit a brick wall at every corner too, but keep at it... despair and frustration are only there to slow you down.

P.S. save money for a horde of phone-calls if it ever comes down to that.

Last edited:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Many successes must first require a sacrifice. You'll pay dearly if you don't. :p

Everything becomes clearer in hindsight. So much clearer that you hit yourslf for not seing it before.

Clean your room before you have to find that very important thing 5 minutes before you have to leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)