Advice Please? (1 Viewer)

FridgeBoy

HSC
Hi there,

I am currently in year 10 and next year plan to study Mathematics and MX1 before going onto MX2 in year 12. I am the strongest in my school at maths (school ranked ~250-300 depending on cohort) and peers have already asked if they will help me tutor them privately next year.

Would taking time out to tutor be beneficial for my own learning or waste time?

Also, they are willing to pay but what would be a reasonable rate given most are close friends?

Thanks for any feedback.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Hi there,

I am currently in year 10 and next year plan to study Mathematics and MX1 before going onto MX2 in year 12. I am the strongest in my school at maths (school ranked ~250-300 depending on cohort) and peers have already asked if they will help me tutor them privately next year.

Would taking time out to tutor be beneficial for my own learning or waste time?

Also, they are willing to pay but what would be a reasonable rate given most are close friends?

Thanks for any feedback.
Depends on your intention...
If you are doing it for the money or doing it to "improve" yourself then dont do it... Personally i hold classes for the year 11's for free not because of me learning the material better or anything like that...again it depends on what your intention is

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
If they're close friends then I would do it for free tbh

Also I would advise against doing it after school time, just organise with your teacher if you can book a quiet classroom or conference room during lunch time

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Teaching is meant to be an excellent method of consolidation for learning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)