advice about subjects (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Breakingthegirl said:
i am adament on studying Medicine or possibly physiotherapy. there is nothing stating that maths is required for either of those. but i've heard alot of rumours that if you don't have math then you won't be selected for an interview for med!
hmmm...
thanx again!
If you need mathematics as a prerequisite for a medical university subject then don't drop it. Plus if you need maths for a course you can apply for a bridging course in university while you do your course

Good luck

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I dropped maths and did ten units, it was by far my worst subject and I ended up with a UAI of 94...the moral of the story, you don't need maths to geta good UAI unless you are good at it :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
melsc said:
I dropped maths and did ten units, it was by far my worst subject and I ended up with a UAI of 94...the moral of the story, you don't need maths to geta good UAI unless you are good at it :)
but it kinda helps if the course in uni requires you to do mathematics.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
of course but if you feel it will have a negative effect on your uai or you will have to spend heaps of time studying for it (thus neglecting other subjects) you can always do a bridging course. I have seen too many people take subjects because they 'needed' them and they are now doing pathways and totally changing their subjects.

I am just saying its a harder choice if it is required by your course BUT remember you are trying to get the best marks you can :) Good luck :uhhuh:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
There was a previous BoSer called Breaking - it sounds like you're calling him a girl.
spot on, Dr. Lurve :)

hehehe breaking the girl....

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
melsc said:
of course but if you feel it will have a negative effect on your uai or you will have to spend heaps of time studying for it (thus neglecting other subjects) you can always do a bridging course. I have seen too many people take subjects because they 'needed' them and they are now doing pathways and totally changing their subjects.

I am just saying its a harder choice if it is required by your course BUT remember you are trying to get the best marks you can :) Good luck :uhhuh:
ahh true true.

but; i guess she should listen to u! :p.. seeing as you DID learn from experience! lol.

what UAI were you aiming for when u were in yr12?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
wow. nice work!

and thanks .. haha i think we will be needing it! ><

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
haha thanks for the offer!! ^^
i wouldn't mind crankin' up my school rank from 2nd to 1st .. :D

lol ... Robert frost. "the road not taken" XD

musik-nerd

HSC
hey guys,
I also need advice as to whether I should drop a subject..
I currently have 12 units, but I'm considering dropping ext1 english.
I don't particularly like english but i've kept extension as its always been better than adv. however i realise i really havent done anything in extension so far, - and to catch up means spending a lot of time which i could be using for other subjects.
Do you think I'm better off putting in the extra effort and keeping it or putting in more time to advanced (as at least half of it will have to count anyway?)
thanks, cya

P

pLuvia

Depends if you want to spend the time or not? are you on top of your other subjects? considering you have 11 units you have a 1 unit safetly line. EE1 is a good scaler, but do you do well in it?

jpcg

HSC
Breakingthegirl said:
good evening...i'm the newest member of BOS!
how exciting!:)
so here i am...all ambitious...porting a new thread.
i was just hopping to gain some advice about dropping a subject. I do 13 units at the moment...but am thinking about dropping 2umath.
my preliminary report revealed that i was either 1st or 2nd in every subject except 2umath which was a 7th. Do you think dropping math would be a disadvantage?
i don't particularly enjoy math....i'm doing averagly atm.
i realise that nobody cares...but if anyone has any wisdom...hit me with it
thanx

firstly welcome ^^

secondly, i would personally never drop 2 unit maths especially if you were 7th...but i guess it also depends on your other subjects...if they all scale well then i would drop maths considering you're first or second in alll your other subjects

xvelidras

HSC
musik-nerd said:
I don't particularly like english but i've kept extension as its always been better than adv.
Following the advice of our vice-principal/UAI calculator, if your extension is alot better than your advanced, then it will count. If they're similar, then the likelihood of ext. counting before your advanced is slim to none. So, if english isn't your forte and your ext. marks are only slightly better than your advanced, you should consider dropping it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)