ADFA help us out (1 Viewer)

hmoran

HSC
Hey guys,
I want to be an Air Combat Officer in the RAAF, although i'm not quite sure on which program (degree) I should be taking that will give me more of a push into this role. Does any one know which degree would be best suited?

Im only in year 11 at the moment and I only do general maths, would I still be able to undertake this role? and pick up secondary mathematics at the academy?

Last edited:

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Any subject done at a higher level would be helpful, so if you can, then do it.

D94

HSC
N/A
Should look into technical degrees like Science.

Candidates must have completed Year 12 with passes in English, Mathematics (Tertiary Entrance Level) plus two other academic subjects. If a physical science subject is not included in the 'two other subjects' at Year 12 level, a pass at Year 11 in a subject such as Physics, Chemistry or multi-strand science is required.
But there's more to ADFA than which degree you will take (that's like the smallest component to the whole process of getting into ADFA), such as leadership roles, extra curricular activities etc. Even that's no guarantee for a role as an Officer.

stgeorge2

HSC
Check out the information on Page 16 of the 2015-2016 study guide, from the table there, pretty much every degree will take you to be an air combat officer. But I could be wrong, I'd suggest you read the entire study guide.

stgeorge2

HSC
+ If you are planned to get into ADFA, apply it ASAP, because it takes up to 12 months for the selection process, which include both the ADF selection and UNSW selection.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,
I want to be an Air Combat Officer in the RAAF, although i'm not quite sure on which program (degree) I should be taking that will give me more of a push into this role. Does any one know which degree would be best suited?

Im only in year 11 at the moment and I only do general maths, would I still be able to undertake this role? and pick up secondary mathematics at the academy?

why dont u directly apply via ADFA..

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/airforce/jobs/AirCombatOfficer/?availability=fulltime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)