Uncle

Banned
HSC
i am a toatally face book addict
im playing games and going quizzies most of the time
yes it is sad on how time consuming it is
i think i spend about 4 hrs on facebook ><
and i can never send this much time studying =='
of course you can never send much time studying.
the time gets sent to facenbook.
youre new cigarette of addiction.

Nanasaurus

HSC
i got over facebook in about two weeks. Now i really can't be bothered. but i AM dangerously addicated to THIS site, however. much more interesting than facebook.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Im getting really sick of facebook, recently Ive been spending so much time on it, doing absolutely nothing, its a waste of time, when I should be studying!

But for some reason I just can't stop going on it, and I cant really imagine living without it now :S

How do make myself spend less time on it?

Is anyone else addicted? Or, were you, and are no longer?
'
I was, and am no longer. I thought about it logically. I'm wasting my life on something that doesn't even make me feel good, just so I can hear gossip about others. What I mean by not feel good was:

- Everyone had improved appearances (judging from their pics)
- Everyone was being invited to, and attending, everything
- Everyone was still keeping up with friends
- Everyone was having a fun, and better, life than me in conclusion

Then I thought, how sad am I just to stalk ppl for the hell of it, when I could be enjoying life myself (though I don't deny that's the only function FB serves). Now I only go on a few times a semester, i.e. when an important msg or wall post comes up. And, guess what, I'm now one of the above people--appearance, tick, events, tick, friends, tick. If the temptation's too great, try Temptation Blocker (google it). Greatest thing ever.

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
Im getting really sick of facebook, recently Ive been spending so much time on it, doing absolutely nothing, its a waste of time, when I should be studying!

But for some reason I just can't stop going on it, and I cant really imagine living without it now :S

How do make myself spend less time on it?

Is anyone else addicted? Or, were you, and are no longer?
'
hey, count me in

i am still addicted

but i told my mom to check what i m doing and pull my ears hard if i am on facebook while doing assignments or stuffs.

that's a good method for the short term
:haha:

angie-gee

HSC
I'm having the same problem!

I would get so much more done if I didnt spend my whole night on facebook :(

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I hate facebook. Superficial bunch of crap inmyopinion.

In response to the Original Post, have you tried getting addicted to something else, say, drugs for example? Try it. It'll totally take your mind off Facebook.

anyscope

HSC
It's not hard to control yourself. You just force your hand to move the cursor to the top right of the window, and click X. Then start your work...

Just plain forcing yourself to do stuff has always worked for me

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
anyone notice its only females addicted to it?

doopsta786

HSC
ironically on facebook right now lol but last day of school deserve a bit of time

Stephie-Rae

HSC
Yeahhh i was terribly obsessed. I would spend hours on it. I had done pretty well controlling the addiction through the HSC, and had minimised my time on it significantly, but i relapsed a little while ago, until one day i decided i could not afford to spend as much time as i did so close to trials and all. I don't have enough will power to just decide to not go on, so i got one of my friends to change my passwords, he changed my passwords for MSN and MySpace as well. I didn't want to deactivate them, so this way i can't get on it, and he can just change my passwords back so i can use it again once the HSC is over. It's been about a month now, and i can't deny that i miss it quite a bit lol. I have however wasted a lot less time than i normally would. I would strongly recommend getting someone you trust to change your passwords if you can't help but go on it (like myself) and you're serious about your HSC. Best of luck.

Uncle

Banned
HSC

how to lose friend

haha yuo people addict so much out of proporton.
not control yourself.
you need a remote control.

Last edited:

cassieagill

HSC
augh never used to spend that much time on the computer, but now i am addicted to facebook!! and its cutting into my study :( ill just have to learn to exercise some better self control :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)