actuarial studies vs data science (1 Viewer)

vazirboy

HSC
Hi,

I got admission in early entry at UTS in course: Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Data Science Dip Prof Eng Practise

I am exploring one more study option that is actuarial studies.

Which one is the better career? (data science OR actuarial studies) any advice? I am struggling to choose between two options.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Anything from where I can get long term well paid employment and decent career.
Actuary has a relatively stable career and the progression is pretty simple, just pass your exams and get promotions/payrises (simplified version).

Imo tech is more fun since the field is always changing and I just find the work more exciting which is why I changed fields.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Actuary has a relatively stable career and the progression is pretty simple, just pass your exams and get promotions/payrises (simplified version).

Imo tech is more fun since the field is always changing and I just find the work more exciting which is why I changed fields.
Pure actuarial roles (ie actuary working for an insurer) is a well trodden path but there's quite a lot of pathways once can take if they have the core capabilities downpat... Similarly to law, the skills/mindset/behaviour can be applied to other areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)