Acst151 (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Supra said:
Did Shepherd still teach u guys for the first bit of the year? I <3 him. I'll have a look for my orientation assignment thing if u still haven't done it (if it is still the same)
We have Pollard for the first few weeks don't we onebytwo?

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
todays lecture was exruciating. i could barely understand what pollard was doing on the computer, he went throguh it so quickly. so here i am left to understand the examples by fiddling on excel. did anyone understand why we couldnt use excel 2003 or xp for something?

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
onebytwo said:
todays lecture was exruciating. i could barely understand what pollard was doing on the computer, he went throguh it so quickly. so here i am left to understand the examples by fiddling on excel. did anyone understand why we couldnt use excel 2003 or xp for something?
I don't think it actually meant that we couldn't use later versions of excel but there might be a potential for errors since the spreadsheets were created using 97 or 2000 (can't remember). Additionally, it also stated that there might be a bug with xp or 2003 generating odd random numbers (greater than 1 or something) and you can just test this by generating a list of random numbers and checking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)