Acst151 (1 Viewer)

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
does anyone know how to access the lecture notes on webCT, im having trouble finding the link on the page?

another question, does anyone know which textbook we need for math132, if any?

thanks

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
onebytwo said:
does anyone know how to access the lecture notes on webCT, im having trouble finding the link on the page?

another question, does anyone know which textbook we need for math132, if any?

thanks
Sometimes they attach lecture notes to the ilecture section of webct (i.e. click on ilecture and there may be a link on top of the link you click on to get the ilecture).

As for the textbooks. Have you checked your MQ Portal page? Once your in MQ Portal (the same place you have your student email account) click on a link 'STUDENT INFORMATION,' which is in the top left hand side of the page. Once in it, there should be a co-op logo with a link to another page that tells you what textbooks you need.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
thanks for the info on the text books, that clears a lot up! Thanks Cyan!:)

still cant work out where the lecture notes prof pollard put up:confused:

thanks

P

pLuvia

MATH132 doesn't have one, since Chen and Clarke didn't mention them and their websites doesn't say anything about textbooks.

I looked up on the Coop site, and they had two books one for Linear Algebra and the other for Calculs (?), either way both are like $100 each!

It was funny how Pollard explained Integration by Parts, I swear if you haven't learnt that you would never learn the way he explained yesterday :p

CieL

HSC
Eh.. maybe they haven't put up lecture notes yet..

I cant find my lecture notes for mktg101 either.. altho it's been a few hrs since the lecture has ended..

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
pLuvia said:
MATH132 doesn't have one, since Chen and Clarke didn't mention them and their websites doesn't say anything about textbooks.
I looked up on the Coop site, and they had two books one for Linear Algebra and the other for Calculs (?), either way both are like $100 each!
yeah i saw those, im going to ask tomorrow morning whether their the ones we need and buy them during the 3 hour break i have:mad1:
learning rudimentary maths today was such a pain, i was surprised it made me think! did you get the thing about the bag and the integers inside and how if the number outside was smaller than one inside then there is a smallest number inside the bag? isnt there always going to be a smallest number inside? unless their all the same!
pLuvia said:
It was funny how Pollard explained Integration by Parts, I swear if you haven't learnt that you would never learn the way he explained yesterday :p
ive learnt it and i thought i was pretty good at it, but i couldnt understand what the hell he was doing...im so used to writing out the u=blah and the dv=blah and going from there....

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
CieL said:
Eh.. maybe they haven't put up lecture notes yet..

I cant find my lecture notes for mktg101 either.. altho it's been a few hrs since the lecture has ended..
i was talking to someone today and they said the acst151 notes are up already. anyway, the lecturer kept saying not to copy anything because we'd be able to access the notes later

hello2004

DO NOT BUY THESE BOOKS !!!!

Have you guys been conned into buying the STAT171 Text off a devious 2nd year student? IMO, that book was useless.

P

pLuvia

hello2005 said:
DO NOT BUY THESE BOOKS !!!!

Have you guys been conned into buying the STAT171 Text off a devious 2nd year student? IMO, that book was useless.
So I should quickly refund my STAT171 book? :(

P

pLuvia

onebytwo said:
yeah i saw those, im going to ask tomorrow morning whether their the ones we need and buy them during the 3 hour break i have
learning rudimentary maths today was such a pain, i was surprised it made me think! did you get the thing about the bag and the integers inside and how if the number outside was smaller than one inside then there is a smallest number inside the bag? isnt there always going to be a smallest number inside? unless their all the same!
Honestly I had no clue what he was saying, like it was obvious but was there a trick lol

onebytwo said:
ive learnt it and i thought i was pretty good at it, but i couldnt understand what the hell he was doing...im so used to writing out the u=blah and the dv=blah and going from there....
Same, but he's basically doing it that way but just faster and as if anyone could have understood it haha

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
OMG, it has been ages since I've done integration by parts.
Totally off topic, but did anyone feel that Bon Clarke was taking pretty long writing and explaining during the lecture?

P

pLuvia

weiwern28 said:
OMG, it has been ages since I've done integration by parts.
Totally off topic, but did anyone feel that Bon Clarke was taking pretty long writing and explaining during the lecture?
He wasted too much time writing everything he said, but then again that first lecture was pretty useless and boring

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
finally have access to the lecture notes for acst151!

thanks for the link weiwern:), wow thats a test book in itself!

also, has anyone done that stupid assignment about macquaire uni, on the sheet with our tute hw?

Last edited:

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
Lol, it wasnt me that gave the link for the notes. But I'm guessing we're allowed to print it out. And yeah doing the damn assignment now (very annoying it is).

P

pLuvia

onebytwo said:
finally have access to the lecture notes for acst151!

thanks for the link weiwern:), wow thats a test book in itself!

also, has anyone done that stupid assignment about macquaire uni, on the sheet with our tute hw?
Do we really have to do that orientation assignment? Hmm, better get cracking at it

I guess we're allowed to print it off since it's there for a reason ;)

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
pLuvia said:
Do we really have to do that orientation assignment? Hmm, better get cracking at it

I guess we're allowed to print it off since it's there for a reason ;)
bahh...ten mins on google got me all but a few answers!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Did Shepherd still teach u guys for the first bit of the year? I <3 him. I'll have a look for my orientation assignment thing if u still haven't done it (if it is still the same)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)