Acne solutions? (1 Viewer)

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
googled said:
For girls, the pill is often used to control acne, and is actually very effective. The best advice is talk to your GP.
I started the pill and it fucked up my pimples, Im devastated, cos it took me ages to finally get my skin clear - Differin, Isotrex, etc. - and now its getting ruined!

Im gonna stop taking the pill once my cycle is over... and hopefully my face will go back to normal.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
isnt it spelt Roaccutane? im positive it is!

i used it, and although my skin improved a lot, i still have very light scarring as i didnt finish it as it made me feel like i had depression. i lost my focus of time, got paranoid, felt happy then sad within 2 minutes without any external stimuli...it is not for everyone. today tonight isnt the show with the best credentials, but it did a show just on roaccutane causing depression and even suicide. once i stopped the medication, within 2 days it stopped..so its unfair and irresponsible to say that whoever "has depression to begin with" will have it in the course of the treatment. in my case, roaccutane was clearly the cause of my depression, and it was hell! oh and my skin got sooo dried.. i had to put on moisturisers all over my body twice a day and stay out of the sun cos u get burnt a lot more easy. it does work though, but it doesnt guarantee the exact same smooth-sailing result for everyone. with every single medicine, doctors will tell u that there is a risk and side effects. roaccutane works, but is not the safest option available but if ur desperate, then it will help. i understand how cruel acne can be to ur ego... =( but luckily those days are long gone for me! =)

i still get the occasional few around that time of the month and i find that young solution has this "spot wipe out" liquid thing, and it works for new pimples.

and DONT PICK UR PIMPLES!! just use some pimple cream to dab onto it when u feel like touching it~~!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
daiana said:
i lost my focus of time, got paranoid, felt happy then sad within 2 minutes without any external stimuli...it is not for everyone. today tonight isnt the show with the best credentials, but it did a show just on roaccutane causing depression and even suicide. once i stopped the medication, within 2 days it stopped.
Thanks for sharing, that is definitely interesting to know.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
LexxY said:
You care about ripping off the gov? Take as much as u fkn can. Get roaccutane and rort them like crazy!
You do know where the government's money comes from, right?

Nelg

HSC
flipsyde said:
what are yours? besides pro-active cos thats what most people will say
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh if i see another add with jessica simpson trying to sell me pro-active i will kill everyone around me at the time
you just cant escape these adds everytime i turn on the tv there she is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

kylie_robbo

iambored said:
Not only that, but Roaccutane is very expensive for the government as they subsidise it.
Okay.

If you go to a regular GP, Roaccutane is going to cost you a small fortune. They should refer you to a dermatologist. The dermatologist will then assess how bad your acne is, and may also be able to tell you what it is caused from (hormonal, diet, family history...) and they may write a prescription for you. If they write one for Roaccutane, it is still going to cost you a small fortune. Unless they ring the government and get an Authority Script number, it will be around $80ish for a month's supply (I think). If they get an Authority put on it, it could be as little as $4.70. Big difference if you are on it for 6 months.

With Roaccutane, you need to be really careful what you use on your skin. Because it will be really really dry, you'll need to moisturise HEAPS and when you go outside, it is vital that you use a good quality suncream. Make sure that anything you use is oil-free (it should be regardless of whether you are on Roaccutane or not) and is soap-free as well. Anything that has soap in it will cause your skin to dry out even more, and may cause rashes on your skin.

Kirika

HSC
if you're worried about the health side affects of roaccutane, you dermatologist might put you on oratane instead. Its the same ingredient but somehow the formula is different or something so its not supposed to have as many affects. i found though that i got easily sunburnt and needed eyedrops as my eyeballs went quite dry. other than that it was awesome, clear skin all the way! As far as ive hear they tend to give oratane to girls and younger kids rather than roaccutane, though im not really sure why.

Keen

MD
HSC
LOOK!

Straight out of medical textbooks. Go for the Benzoyl Peroxide (not more than the 5%) use it twice a day, clean your face before that. By it from the pharmacy (it's cheaper and bigger $15). If this doesn't work after 2 months, then go see your doctor.
If these drugs seem to cause depression etc in some people even if they don't do something to you, you have to think they're doing something to stuff you up, don't do it, unless you're desperate.

Keen

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Cool, Keen, if you don't mind me asking, what's the Medicine course at Adelaide Uni like?

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
in regards to roaccutane .. it really is dependant on the person taking the medication that governs the side-effects. I was on roacc for just over 1 year, felt fine and only had dried lips.

Keen

MD
HSC
googled said:
Cool, Keen, if you don't mind me asking, what's the Medicine course at Adelaide Uni like?
Brilliant, wouldn't go anywhere else. Best suited for me, but really off-topic!

Anyway, have fun.

Keen

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
The worst bit about roaccutane (besides the mood swings) was the dry lips. I normally have fairly dry lips so the dryness was insane - if you use it I suggest you buy yourself a couple of pots of carmex, it's heaven sent.
Eventhough Roaccutane caused me to be depressed (crying at random times for no reason, sleeping a lot, loss of appetite, being withdrawn), I honestly don't regret going on it because of how my skin looks now. If you go on it and you start to feel depressed then you can reduce how many tablets you're taking.
If you get the subsidy (given depending on what type of acne you have) then you're probably looking at about $30 a month.

I also used Differin which just made my skin peel really badly and I just felt awful for the few weeks that I had to use it for.

Now I just use Cetaphil on my face and I don't moisturise because I don't need to and my skin is fine. Spending heaps of money on face stuff is useless if you have sensitive skin or acne- prone skin. Go and see the doctor!

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I was on tablets much like roacatine that gave me mood swings and mild depression (well they definately did not help matters) and also on a cream that is supposed to get rid of them in a couple of weeks... long story short, neither worked, although they worked for a girl i work with, i have now ordered this pro-active stuff becuase i am sick of supporting an entire section of workers at clearasil!

It really depends on you, and do see a doctor, and one that you trust becuase i bought up my worries about the tablet with mine and he told me it was all in my head, 6 months later they started to put little warnings on the bottles saying it could cause it!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
monzi said:
When your on the pill like Diane 35 ED or Juliet 35 Ed is your acne meant to get worse before it clears up?
are they the two that're meant more for acne? it's probably your body getting used to the stuff that's in them. give it another month or so, hopefully it calms down..else see your chemist/doctor, they might put you on one of the other ones if yours isnt working the way you want it to.

i'm on brenda, and my skin's getting better. i'm still crap with remembering to clean it, and i pick it a bit (less than before mind you), but it's not as bad as before. i only just started my second month

dora_18

HSC
it depends what you acne if caused from...if its a abnormal hormonal imbalance they might place you on a contraception pill.."mini pill" not for contraception reasons but to regulate your hormones...if its a really bad case of acne and you've had it for a while they'll put you on oratane or roaccutane barring the fact that there isnt any history of depression in the family...and if there is they might still put you on it but you have to have regualr check ups....if you're having sex and ur a chick they like to put you on 2types of contraception devices to be on the safe side as the drug is terotagenic.....its really quite a myth that is causes depression...its a really rare case scenario, people just chose to go on and on about it becuase its a major downfactor for some people but ive been on it for a while and i have no side effects apart from dry lips...MOST PEOPLE DONT GET DEPRESSED......and haha..'wiping your face through with a towel and water" as some other person said... may work for someone who has a few spots...but definetly not for people with 3rd degree postular acne...i suggest try all the over the counter stuff..but if nothings working, your acne is probably the reult of major hormonal irregulation...go to your GP..he'll give you a blood test.. he'll direct you to a dermatologist...if you go on oratane/roaccutane(same product just a different name)you'll need to go in for regular checks to check your liver production rate as depending on your dosage the drug can cause imbalances to your body and when mixed with other substances such as a high dose of alcohol can cause liver failure....goodluck!!!!

nwatts

HSC
I use Garnier Pure exfoliating face wash to get rid of any excess oils and such. Then i've got a small thing of Clearasil cream that has worked after about 6 days of use. I also agree with everyone who's said "NO PICKING" because it's damn true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)