Acne Help? (1 Viewer)

Yiqun

HSC
Does anyone have any recommendations to get rid off and then prevent every teens worst fear?

acne? ==":bomb:

Last edited:

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
yup.

wash face with smirnoff

Russdog

russell
HSC
recommendations to prevent it or to get rid of it? i had pretty bad acne, i roaccutaned it away. it worked well, except while you're on it you're really dry, and people will tell you you're going slightly crazy, even if you aren't. just because that's apparently a side-effect, but fuck what other people think. in the long run it was worth it.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Russdog said:
recommendations to prevent it or to get rid of it? i had pretty bad acne, i roaccutaned it away. it worked well, except while you're on it you're really dry, and people will tell you you're going slightly crazy, even if you aren't. just because that's apparently a side-effect, but fuck what other people think. in the long run it was worth it.
yes. roaccutane = miracle drug

madisonelise

HSC
I had bad skin. I bought proactive and it worked soooooo well!!! i fully recommend it!! if ur scared of buying into the whole monthly payment thing, buy a one-off supply from ebay and try it. But seriously, it is excellent!! Good luck!

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I cut out most dairy and my skin improved heaps... I use skin products from the Lush shop and I have perfect skin at the mo :) Maybe I grew out of it tho!

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
if you suffer from acne and nothing seems to be working go to the doctor. they will figure out the cause and treat that not just the symptoms.

ixsamanthaxi

HSC
the main ingredient in practive is hydrogen peroxide you can by it in a bottle from the supermarket or pharmacy use on a cotton pad and lightly wipe over face like a toner after you wash your face. i ave done this since i first got pimples in yr 7 and have never had any since :D

goodluck

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ixsamanthaxi said:
the main ingredient in practive is hydrogen peroxide you can by it in a bottle from the supermarket or pharmacy use on a cotton pad and lightly wipe over face like a toner after you wash your face. i ave done this since i first got pimples in yr 7 and have never had any since :D

goodluck
Wouldn't it damage your skin though? It's an acid.

bawd

HSC
lyounamu said:
Wouldn't it damage your skin though? It's an acid.
A friend of a friend of mine uses lemon juice as a toner, and apparently she's got gorgeous skin. I guess if you dilute the chosen acid, it neutralises the acidity. Makes you wonder why people think low pH is a good thing when buying cleanser, body wash products. :rolleyes:

bawd

HSC
theshortykatt said:
get a bunch of clearasil products and use daily in the shower.
its what i do, and works a treat =]

unless you have it really bad, it shouldnt be too much of a problem if you keep your face (and back??) clean.

or just put up with it for a few years.
Personally, Clearasil didn't work for me. In fact, I think it made my pimples worse. Now, I use A'kin as a cleanser and tea tree oil as a toner. Works for me, although the tea tree oil stinks.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Depending on how bad it is you should see a doctor and get a referral to a dermatologist.

I used roaccutane about three years ago, and now my skin is perfect (not to sound conceited or anything, but after having terrible skin I feel I have the right to). I dont need to use fancy face washes or creams, I just wash my face with basic cleanser and toner and I rarely get pimples (and on the odd occasion I do they are tiny, so they are easy to cover up, and they go away in like 2 days).

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
ixsamanthaxi said:

goodluck
its actually benzol peroxide

HSC
lol, every teenager's worst fear?

maybe i was a shitty teenager, but i'm far more afraid of oh, let's see .. dying? than acne lol.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
how about this:

- sleep earlier
- eat healthier
- Excercise

prevention i better than cure.
- Spicy foods & Junk food encourage pimples.
- More sleep = less stress. Less stress = less pimples.
- Should be part of your everyday life, but oh wellz.

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
Yiqun said:
Does anyone have any recommendations to get rid off and then prevent every teens worst fear?

acne? ==":bomb:

What a loser.. i mean come on.. your embarrassing yourself.

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
Try cutting down on junk food and dairy products; and exercising more. I also use proactive, and its great! Totally recomend it....dont go down the lines of drugs, they have really bad side effects....

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
shinji said:
- Spicy foods & Junk food encourage pimples.
Junk food doenst actually cause bad pimples - thats just an urban myth.

Im not sure about spicy food though.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
eat healthy, stay away from chocolate, exercise regularly, wash your face regularly, if you dribble which you sleep, change positions to stop this. etc etc If you're a male, i find shaving regularly stops outbreaks (the 'fresh' hairs seem to irritate the skin).

If it's only small amounts of acne then you don't need drugs - there are side effects too. You will probably grow out of acne.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)