accounting (1 Viewer)

melllyy

HSC
what is the difference between a bachelor of Commerce majoring in accounting and a bachelor of Business majoring in accounting ??

O2

HSC
hey,,

as far as i know, and i may be wrong, so if i am, plz correct me, they are very similar.

I am at monash uni doing a b business course majoring in accounting, and monash also offer commerce as a major in another campus.

The only difference i have found so far is that commerce offers finance as a major, whereas b of business does not offer finance but banking and finance.

If there are more differences, plz let me know too, as i am slightly confused in this area too.

rubin

HSC
Same thing basically. Theyre just different names unis give to their courses. Some unis offer one and not the other, while others offer both and make a distinction.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Diff uni diff name. Pretty much same course work based on what I've seen with my UTS mates doing Accounting.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah essentially its exactly the same.

The B Bus course at UTS has a slightly wider variety in their core subject base than Commerce at other uni's, but in the end, its all the same

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
In terms of meeting requirements for CPA/CA, the subjects you study at all uni's are pretty much the same, so you'd get the same knowledge wherever. It's more about the core units I guess, as the Business degrees like the one at UTS has more core subjects, than say the Commerce degree at UNSW, though some of the core units you do in the Business degree you would have to do in the Commerce degree anyways to meet the requirements for CPA/CA, so either way if you plan on doing Accounting then it would be a pretty similar outcome.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
BCommerce/BBusiness are just names/labels. Every uni structures their business-type degree differently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)