Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

leoyh

mic`
HSC
ZacEshaay said:
Grant Thornton, Moore Stephens

still running for PKF.
Congrats, those are large and respectable mid-tiers, lots of good opportunities in there. good work!

ZacEshaay

HSC
jordankuai22 said:
i was accepted in all of the big 4 firms 2 years ago, but decided to go with the co-op scholarship

when answering cadetship applications, the trick is to NOT answer the maximum amount of words.

instead, make your responses short, and sharp - the 'screeners' go through over 500 each year.Short, sharp answers really stand out. - DO NOT over elaborate/justify your choices etc...

for example: say the max word limit is 150..
i only did 100 - 105 words max
(i am good friends with one of the 'screeners' and he assures me this is the best way)

feel free to pm me for any more questions

jordan...im so confused? care to explain? are u in year 12 or were u bullshitting then?

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
ZacEshaay said:
jordan...im so confused? care to explain? are u in year 12 or were u bullshitting then?
he couldn't even answer to me which division he was accepted into PKF, what makes you think he'll answer your question

gaaay

HSC
I was wondering, For every contract, does it state the pay/salary

leoyh

mic`
HSC
did anyone here who went to the PwC thing last night and is in assurance find out which division they're in? Like FS, CIP-TICE, RSG, PCS or BA? apparently some people did

jordankuai22

HSC
ZacEshaay said:
that was one of my first posts.

completely fabricated facts, mainly for lolz and win

i however have not fabricated my offer from pkf, or BAcc

edit: i am now in yr12

NickLG

HSC
leoyh said:
did anyone here who went to the PwC thing last night and is in assurance find out which division they're in? Like FS, CIP-TICE, RSG, PCS or BA? apparently some people did
Well I know that I got invited to an afternoon tea last thursday, I couldn't make it cause I was away but I spoke to the people who went to that and they said all the people who worked at PwC that were there were people from FS. I spoke to one of the guys in FS and he said it was an FS function but at this stage it's just a "rough group" that was made from the choices we put down on our preference sheet but it could change when we start next year.

Nick

Ovaschool303

HSC
Well my understanding is similar to Nick's in that there is only rough groups at the moment. I am in tax and legal so it may be slightly different but I spoke to a cadet there and he said that the groups are not confirmed... although the partner who interviewed me said that I will be working in IPI with him. I guess that if a partner was really impressed with you then they will request you... other than than I presume it will fluctuate a fair bit

leoyh

mic`
HSC
cool, yeah thats what i heard too. it was more a preliminary thing, its not confirmed yet and that you're likely to get your first choice. so Nick and Ovaschool, how'd you guys go with UBS..any news? Reckon you guys will be taking PwC over UBS if you happen to get UBS?

Last edited:

NickLG

HSC
Well i'm choosing PwC, think that's the same with you right will? PwC is by far the better program, better pay, one day paid study leave per week, some of the best undergraduate industry training there is and working with a community of (at this stage) 72 people, compared to 3 at UBS.

Nick

jordankuai22

HSC
NickLeG said:
Well i'm choosing PwC, think that's the same with you right will? PwC is by far the better program, better pay, one day paid study leave per week, some of the best undergraduate industry training there is and working with a community of (at this stage) 72 people, compared to 3 at UBS.

Nick
I notice you never got back to us, on this or the Business Cadetship thread with regards to whether or not you actually MADE IT into UBS.

Now you dance around the question.

Care to explain?

edit: in the case that you did get ubs, congrats.

Last edited:

ShadowSwifter

HSC
woot! has anyone read the contracts for KPMG/EY/ or Deloittes yet? What's their pay like :D

NickLG

HSC
NickLeG said:
Well i'm choosing PwC
That would imply that I had the choice to make between the two contracts, so yes I got both.

Moving on, is anyone who got PwC who has multiple offers ganna sign with another company?

Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)