Accepting / Declining Offers? (1 Viewer)

natebrah1

HSC
Hey!

Just wondering i have for first preference a B commerce at UNSW and with bonus points i get an star of 96.9 (last years cut off was 96.7) and if i don't get an offer but get an offer for my second preference do i accept? or do i wait to the next round of offers to see if UNSW sends an offer if there are places?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Always accept. Then, if you get the second round offer, than accept that, and then decline your second preference.

natebrah1

HSC
Ohokay! Thanks :]

i was under the impression once you accept its locked in and you aren't able to accept anything else, glad to know thats not the case

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You can always decline an offer after you accept it. :)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I am under the impression you can receive a max of one offer per round, is that true ?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Always accept even if you are waiting for an offer in a later round. You run the risk of being left with nothing if you don't.

You can always withdraw from the course later if you get something better in a later round.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you stop and thing about things carefully ask yourself the following question?

Where to the places in the later rounds come from?

1. People didn't accept their place in an earlier round.
2. For some reason the uni has been able to increase the number of places in a course.

Now if you don't accept an offer in the first round that place will be offered to someone else in the second/later rounds but you will have lost it.

It is important to accept a first round offer. If you get a later second/third round offer then you can change courses but if you don't take the first round offer and don't get an offer in the later rounds you will need to find something else to do this year other than go to uni as you won't have a place anywhere.

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
hey if you accept a 2nd round offer, does that automatically overwrite the 1st round offer - or can you choose between them?

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It's not automatic. You have to inform the university you are withdrawing from the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)