acceleration?? (1 Viewer)

what do u think of people who have accelerated?

• good for them

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • nerds

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • hate them

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by jessum
so misturi u do like the whole 2 years of 2 subjects in one year, and then the whole 2 years of another 2 subjects in the other year?
is that how it works, or am i totally misinterpreting it
No thats correct :)

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
I wouldve loved to have been able to accelerate in physics and/or chemistry. Still, 2u and 3u maths is okay even though ill forfeit my 2u mark (waste of a band 6) and am doing 3u again cos i want a higher mark (just made it into the e4 band).

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i think accelerated students are definately at an advantage. I know someone who did accelerated 4u maths, and so for yr 12 he only had to do 8 units....it's so good for him because he had all this free time to study for and ace his weaker subjects...hence he got a high uai

Tarek

too bad my school doesnt offer accelerated classes, well they cant really. they are having enough trouble with the funding lol...
but yeh accelerated student often do much better, but they are put under alot of stress from their schools and sometimes even their parents, the rate at which they work is also abit too much.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
All accelerants are nerds :p

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
umm... can't be that bad... its not like you had anything to lose. :)
But l find it harder...maybe because l wans't prepared for it either like l am this year.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I'm accelerated in English. when I was in yr 10, I did 3U English, and now that I'm in year 11, I'm doing 4U. It's tough, and it forces you to be more organised, but I'm mostly enjoying it, and I'm doing well. Hopefully, I'll keep up the nice little average and ranking I've got going, and won't have to do it again.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
my school did not have accelerated option
i wish they did, i wish i found out that accelerate with an option and i would have tried to get my school to allow me to do it!

it would have been so much easier...i would have been able to get a higher uai
or repeat the subject if i fail without wasting time!!

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
my school only offers accelerate IPT. which kinda sux.

i skipped a grade...does that help?

and no, not all accelerants r nerds :D:p

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
i skipped a grade...does that help?

and no, not all accelerants r nerds :D:p
wow... arrogant squared. lol

so you claiming that you are a nerd and other single subject accelerants are not nerdy enough to be at your standards right? man you're hardcore... lol.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
um no :confused: dunno where u got that from

i'm saying that i'm an accelerant but that doesn't necessarily mean i'm a nerd. wtf would i wanna be a nerd for...and to be proud about being a nerd? nup...that's not for me

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if they can accellerate, why not. if they still do well then it's great. as long as they keep a level head and don't press it on other people.

i only don't agree when it will be putting uncecessary pressure on them.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
stupid accelerated ... wasnt offered to us or id have done the majority of my subjects :*(

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
the thing is, I don't see why you should do acceleration unless you're *really, really* good at a subject. the whole POINT of acceleration is that it takes people who are above standard in a certain area, and allows them to... well, be accelerated, and do harder work because they're capable of it. It's not meant to be a way to give you two goes at your hsc, and give you more free periods in yr 12. I especially object to the "oh well, if I don't do well I can always do it again" attitude - would you put that on your actual HSC year?

sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now. :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)