• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Academic Competitions (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Is it normal to do really good at school, yet getting terrible results for academic competitions?
Its a very common trend. One of my best mates got 99 on the HSC and he always used to get passes and credits in those comps.

tambam

HSC
This is my friend's certificate for writing competition from last year

(Name and school whited out)

enoilgam

HSC
^ Lol thats classic. Two guys at my school wrote Mike Hunt as the name on their papers and it appeared on their certificates (much to my catholic schools shock and horror).

michaeljennings

HSC

same kid is going for a state rank in english advanced. I hope he gets it he is a friend of mine =)

Last edited:

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
@ such_such : For the maths comp, I came equal 14th im my year with a score of 72/135, which was a high distinction somehow...but my trial ranks for 3u and 4u were only around 40 out of 166 and 45/116, respectively. Same thing goes for another guy im my year. He's an Olympiad kid, gets PRIZES in the amc EVERY SINGLE YEAR, equal first im the unsw comp, which isn't multiple choice...etc etc... but he wasn't in the top 30 for 3u or top 15 for 4u. Mind you, we're both easily going to get high band 6s for maths, but it just goes to show that performance in the hsc is about effort and hard work.

HSC
Uni Grad

oh god destinyliang just showed me this. this was just so lulzy I laughed my head off. I shouldve done the maths comp and did something similar :L

Starfriend

emancipation
HSC
oh god destinyliang just showed me this. this was just so lulzy I laughed my head off. I shouldve done the maths comp and did something similar :L
hahahahahahahha thats hilarious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)