Academic Advising Day. (1 Viewer)

get_born

I didn't attend the academic advising day...does that affect me in any way?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, because enrolment follows right after I believe, unless it is different for your course which i don't think so.

I can't attend my Academic advising session
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that Academic staff will be available outside your scheduled time. However, if you cannot make it to your Academic advising session, you should still attend one of the general enrolment sessions and complete the formal enrolment process.

My course doesn't have an Academic advising session
If there is no specific Academic advising session for your course, you will receive information to assist you in selecting your units at the general enrolment session you attend.

When and where are the Enrolment sessions?
All sessions will be held at the Werrington South Campus - Building BB regardless of where your course is being offered. Sessions will run from January 30 - February 10, 2006 (excluding weekends) between 10am - 7pm daily.

I am unable to attend an Enrolment session
If you are unable to attend an enrolment session between January 30 and February 10, 2006 you will still need to attend an enrolment session during the late enrolling period between February 20 - 24. You need to understand that by not enrolling as required in your designated session you will not have direct access to academic staff and you may not get the class times you wanted as Tutorial Registration opens the week before late enrolment.

http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stua...duateadmissions/newstudentinfo/faq#cantattend

get_born

No I was searching the Uws site and I only thought you could enrol anytime between jan 30 and feb 10. But, it turns out that I had an academic advising day... wjich has now passed...im just asking will it affect me in any way if i didn't attend it?

klh

HSC
acedemic advising is really absolute fo rthose who have coem fom another degree [diploam/bachelor/other studies/work] who need the coordinaters to hlep them with teh forms an d approve things. Else you dont have to attend btu it helps as they explain the things aobt the course as well as wha tyou shoudl be enrolling into [but you can find out fom the handbook what your frist semester units and secodn semester units are goign to be] and hten you just have to hand in the fom into th studnet centre adn wait for it to show up on pweb. Btu that was last years, it may differ sinc eyou also need to hand in other forms like HECS HELP and so on, so liek they said call the student hotline fo advice...

get_born

i went up yesterday to enrol...turns out it was for nothing because apparently my academic advising day is on Monday.

Kulazzi

HSC
last_chance said:
i went up yesterday to enrol...turns out it was for nothing because apparently my academic advising day is on Monday.
yeah. For BA, with surnames l-z, it's monday (9am!!! :eek: I have to get out of the house at 6:30 :sleep: ). I'll be there!!!! :D

get_born

Kulazzi said:
yeah. For BA, with surnames l-z, it's monday (9am!!! :eek: I have to get out of the house at 6:30 :sleep: ). I'll be there!!!! :D
Nah I actually missed the A-k. They should have sent something in the mail telling us of the day or something. When I was looking through the website it was a lil too late. I hope its not a big deal if i turn up on the monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)