• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A new laptop. (1 Viewer)

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Having BETTER customer Service and having GOOD customer service are two entirely different things.

Also Dell only have half decent customer service if you're in Warranty and live near a Dell store or repair shop.

I am well aware that HP have shit customer service, having had many friends experience it.

Basically none of the computer suppliers in Australia have halfway decent customer service.
dell has amazing customer service i had one guy who was aussie spend 3 hours on the phone with me, when we were 3 month out of warranty(we did not know till we call). Even when i ordered a computer for a friend by phone they were helpful.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Having BETTER customer Service and having GOOD customer service are two entirely different things.

Also Dell only have half decent customer service if you're in Warranty and live near a Dell store or repair shop.

I am well aware that HP have shit customer service, having had many friends experience it.

Basically none of the computer suppliers in Australia have halfway decent customer service.
Dell come to your house.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Dell come to your house.
Here's a good Dell Story for you.

My mum bought an Inspiron Laptop about 2 years ago for home use. After intense use writing her Masters thesis, one of the keys on the keyboard fell off. The N key... then the rubber seal fell off as well... so she had to use the onscreen keyboard every time she wanted to use the letter 'N'.

So we called Dell Customer Service. We told them what was wrong, and that we needed a new keyboard. They then told us to send it to them. So we did...

a week later we received that Laptop back... without it being fixed. We called them and asked what needed to happen, they then said that we needed to replace the Keyboard... well duh...

They said we needed to send it BACK to them to replace the keyboard. So we did... 2 weeks later it arrives back again, still broken... but this time the new keyboard comes with it!

We call them up and they arrange for the tech to come. By this time the warranty has expired... the tech comes close to a month later and we get charged $15 for him to drive down to Nowra from Wollongong just to repair our computer... good... until they then come back and charge us another $200...

Dell fail?

Or shall I tell the story of the time my Friend purchased a new Laptop that didn't come with his second HDD... and they sent it to him seperately to install himself, then when he had an issue later on, they said he voided the warranty by installing the HDD himself (even though when he asked they said it wouldn't void the warranty)

Or perhaps the family friend who's desktop PS practically exploded, blew out the trip switch so it had to be replaced... and a few other things like their screen and speakers because it was that bad a blow out... then Dell refused to take responsibility for it...

I have many more stories like this...

Dell only have good Customer service in certain situations!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Here's a good Dell Story for you.

My mum bought an Inspiron Laptop about 2 years ago for home use. After intense use writing her Masters thesis, one of the keys on the keyboard fell off. The N key... then the rubber seal fell off as well... so she had to use the onscreen keyboard every time she wanted to use the letter 'N'.

So we called Dell Customer Service. We told them what was wrong, and that we needed a new keyboard. They then told us to send it to them. So we did...

a week later we received that Laptop back... without it being fixed. We called them and asked what needed to happen, they then said that we needed to replace the Keyboard... well duh...

They said we needed to send it BACK to them to replace the keyboard. So we did... 2 weeks later it arrives back again, still broken... but this time the new keyboard comes with it!

We call them up and they arrange for the tech to come. By this time the warranty has expired... the tech comes close to a month later and we get charged $15 for him to drive down to Nowra from Wollongong just to repair our computer... good... until they then come back and charge us another $200...

Dell fail?

Or shall I tell the story of the time my Friend purchased a new Laptop that didn't come with his second HDD... and they sent it to him seperately to install himself, then when he had an issue later on, they said he voided the warranty by installing the HDD himself (even though when he asked they said it wouldn't void the warranty)

Or perhaps the family friend who's desktop PS practically exploded, blew out the trip switch so it had to be replaced... and a few other things like their screen and speakers because it was that bad a blow out... then Dell refused to take responsibility for it...

I have many more stories like this...

Dell only have good Customer service in certain situations!
Still shits all over HP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)