A moment of clarity (1 Viewer)

btaylor

HSC
Okay, I'm somebody that has bludged all the way through high school, despite teachers saying I have "so much potential". I did 3&4 Legal this year in Year 11, but of course, I didn't take it seriously, and am expecting a study score of 25-30.

So, I want to know, if I put in my absolute best next year (I'm buying all the study guides and dedicating hours to each night), is it possible to achieve an ATAR score of 99, or possibly even higher?
I'm ditching all my slacking and am planning on studying hardcore during the summer holidays to give myself the best chance possible (this is also why I've just registered here).

My aspirations don't require an excessively high score (I am planning on an arts degree at Melbourne), I just want to do the best I can in my last year.

So is it really "Mission:Impossible", or am I being overly pessimistic?

Cheers.

jet

Banned
HSC
Does year 11 count towards the atar in year 12?

btaylor

HSC
I'm here for 5 minutes, and I've already been nailed by a rhetoric.

wendybird

HSC
He's doing the VCE, so it might be different!
Oh - I didn't notice. My apologies Btaylor.

From talking to my Melbourne friends, I got the impression that Year 11 didn't count for the VCE either.

In any case, I'm sure that you can definitely pull up your marks and make Year 12 the best academically. Trust me, lots of people peak in Year 12. Good luck, and enjoy your year! :)

* wait, I'm confused, Btaylor did you move states from Year 11 to 12? Because the HSC (NSW) disregards Year 11.

jet

Banned
HSC
Well in that case, consider it a clean slate :)

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
Without accounting for your personal abilities, it seems fairly possible. Working hard and consistently will put you in good stead :D I was a 75% kind of student all through high school but in year 12 I pulled my ranks up to top 5 for all subjects. Be realistic but determined, and you'll get there :)

btaylor

HSC
Ah, alright. Thanks guys. Year 11 over here actually has no effect on one's actual ATAR score, I was just wondering how costly my mediocre performance in Year 12 Legal would be in terms of competing with other individuals.
Seems like it would be minimal, provided I do incredibly well in all my other subjects (which I'm obviously planning on).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)