A good tip for those in yr10 (1 Viewer)

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
After you've decided what you want to do in Yr11&12, start studying for BOTH years now!
It gives you so much free time to relax in those years.
In each holiday break, buy an Excel or whatever textbook and read it through before you start school. If you can do that, you're going to rip the HSC because you'll have so much time to do past papers.
Imagine doing past trial/HSC papers during Yr11. You'll kick ass in HSC

coroneos

Originally posted by deyveed
After you've decided what you want to do in Yr11&12, start studying for BOTH years now!
In each holiday break, buy an Excel or whatever textbook and read it through before you start school. If you can do that, you're going to rip the HSC because you'll have so much time to do past papers.
ahhahaha I promised myself that I would do that.
However I was distracted by a lot of things throughout Year 11 lol and I ended up getting a pretty skithouse report + final marks.

It was probably because I only spent 1hr/subject for yearly exams.

BTW: if you intend on studying earlier - u will forget all the stuff u MEMORISED by the time you actually start year 11/12. For this reason I highly disagree with this approach to study.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Muahuahah to those in year 10 ... BLUDGE WHILE YOOU STILL CAN!

coz when u become a senior, there isnt such thing as bludging... so abuse it now while you still have it...

Originally posted by coroneos
BTW: if you intend on studying earlier - u will forget all the stuff u MEMORISED by the time you actually start year 11/12. For this reason I highly disagree with this approach to study.
yeah i agree with that - just go out and have fun now :)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
God i wouldent, have a bit of a rest, after all that stressing about the SC ( :p ). Most of them wouldent even know what topics that they are doing for some of their subjects. Go out and go to the beach or something.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
yo thankz bro that realli good advice

laterz

Zahid

:kaz.n:

HSC
yeh thanx for both points of view! lol psshk like i could be bothered to study for yr 11 and twelve! :p nice advice anywayz :)

beach here i come! ;)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Tenille
God i wouldent, have a bit of a rest, after all that stressing about the SC ( :p ). Most of them wouldent even know what topics that they are doing for some of their subjects. Go out and go to the beach or something.

i agree.. now that i look back to see how much i stressed over the sc.. its damn no way near how much i stress out for year 11 :cold:

i think u need to develop an early study pattern and habit for year 12.. bludge in year 10 and start to take things seriuosly in year 11.. get into the habit of making notes, organising your time as well as having a balanced diet and balnced study / social life :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah u;ll kich arse but it'll be so hard to teach yourself. i say take it easy, and stay organised, have a nice holiday now

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l'm in year 11 and in year 10 during our preparation and study for the SC l started Chemistry Prelim...its not a good idea...l could have gone better in my SC if l had concentrated more than my chemistry...l'm now failing chemistry because l didn't pick up the basics during the SC..

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
l'm in year 11 and in year 10 during our preparation and study for the SC l started Chemistry Prelim...its not a good idea...l could have gone better in my SC if l had concentrated more than my chemistry...l'm now failing chemistry because l didn't pick up the basics during the SC..
really?:confused:

thats horrible, wow,

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
yeha it sucks...l have my HSC exam for chem on november 6th during the time l start Bio and Hosp.....god l hate my school.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
remember to make the most of these christmas holidays, their the last you will have til after the hsc.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
remember to make the most of these christmas holidays, their the last you will have til after the hsc.
Yes thats true, l agree 100%, but l would advise (if you want to be ahead) to borrow books form the library and read them before you go to bed or on your spare time on the subjects you will be doing next year.

l'm doing that now and l have a rough idea of what l will be doing for biology.

Just a suggestion, it may not work for everyone, but it works for me.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
You'll still have your holidays and weekends if you study before.
Its just like study beforehand so you can have more free time during one of the most stressful years of your life.
So instead of taking it easy this year (yr10), study a little ahead so you'll go through yr11&12 smoothly and can still go out on weekends. Its just some planning ahead

HSC
deyveed said:
You'll still have your holidays and weekends if you study before.
Its just like study beforehand so you can have more free time during one of the most stressful years of your life.
So instead of taking it easy this year (yr10), study a little ahead so you'll go through yr11&12 smoothly and can still go out on weekends. Its just some planning ahead
i agree with ur point of view but i suggest that yr 10 students should n't study for prelim till SC is over. during the 3 month holiday is the best time to study. studying before the SC will just get in the way of ur study patterns for the SC.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
reviving the dead-for-5-years thread?

Anyway, no. Don't take their advice. It's just to extreme. You will just get burnt out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)