A good nights rest. (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone,

As you may or may not be aware, my sleeping patterns aren't too great, lately I have been sleeping at around 3. Any tips on how to get a good night's rest? I need to fix my sleep patterns before Term 1 of the HSC resumes again.

Thank you.

Last edited:

jnney

lemon
HSC
Oh Spiral.

I don't think you should be on the computer 1 hour prior to sleeping. It may take a while, but you should set an earlier time as well.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I have been sleeping at around 3 too, wake up at like 11 though so it's all good.

jnney

lemon
HSC
sleep at three = tired next day = feel crappy = less hours in the day = less study time = less maths time = less time for everything = bad habits = burn out = fail hsc

TheCardician

HSC
Hello everyone,

As you may or may not be aware, my sleeping patterns aren't too great, lately I have been sleeping at around 3. Any tips on how to get a good night's rest?

Thank you.
You need to re-adjust your body clock. Try sleep at 10pm and wake up at 7am (9 hours). 8 hours is the optimal amount for sleep, and up to 10 hours is very good. If you keep this routine consistent, you'll hopefully have a better sleeping pattern.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Okay thank you guys, I will try to sleep at 10 today....

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
After first year uni, I had the most retarded sleep pattern.

Midnight - 4:30am: Awake
5am - 7am: Swim
7:30am - 2pm: Sleep
2pm - 4:30pm: Do whatever
5pm - 7pm : Swim
7:30pm - 4:30am: Do whatever

I knew that this was a horrible sleeping pattern, so one day during my 2pm - 4:30pm slot, I went bike riding, then went swimming right afterwards. By the time I got home, I was so exhausted, and I slept like a baby. Woke up the next morning at 6am feeling fresh.

Protip: Do a crapload of exercise a couple hours before your desired bed time.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
After first year uni, I had the most retarded sleep pattern.

Midnight - 4:30am: Awake
5am - 7am: Swim
7:30am - 2pm: Sleep
2pm - 4:30pm: Do whatever
5pm - 7pm : Swim
7:30pm - 4:30am: Do whatever

I knew that this was a horrible sleeping pattern, so one day during my 2pm - 4:30pm slot, I went bike riding, then went swimming right afterwards. By the time I got home, I was so exhausted, and I slept like a baby. Woke up the next morning at 6am feeling fresh.

Protip: Do a crapload of exercise a couple hours before your desired bed time.
What exercises do you suggest?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Just try not to get as distracted from the computer. Also try and regiment your patterns. It may be hard at the start but your body clock will adjust eventually.

People are over complicating things with exercise routines and pills.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Just try not to get as distracted from the computer. Also try and regiment your patterns. It may be hard at the start but your body clock will adjust eventually.

People are over complicating things with exercise routines and pills.
As you and I both know, that is quite impossible.

At 10 pm I shall sleep tonight!

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
If you can't force yourself to sleep early over the next few nights and you end up still staying up to 3 or something, you might have to force yourself to stay up later until you gradually get to the night of the next day...

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I actually tried that a few times, pushing your clock forward so far, it goes back to normal time. However, the next night, you don't feel sleepy around bed time anymore. Theoretically it should work, but unfortunately not irl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)