• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

99+ ATAR- How can you get it? (1 Viewer)

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Has anyone got 99+: How did you really get and what rank were you in each subject. I am currently in year 12.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Hey Guys,

Over the last period I have been watching interesting videos of students who achieved 99.95 Atar + State ranking.

I was just wondering how can you get above 99 Atar and what does it take to excel in each subject and what rank should you be in each?

I love to study medicine anywhere, as long as get in? I heared that James cook university doesn't not look at Umat, but I would need a very high Atar score 99+ to have a chance.

I do these subjects: English Adanved, Chemistry, Biology, Maths 2U/EXT 1 and SOR 1U. (10 unit), so how can I really achieve that high score 99+, btw I am smart and work hard but need some advice on how to study for each subject to get 99+.

Thanks for any help,

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Sup guys. I am currently completing my HSC this year however i have spoken to many people who have achieved 99+ and trust me its heaps of hardwork. First go to ,topscores.info, and search for your school.Then find the amount of students who have had band 6 for your respective subjects over the last 5 years and get the average. This number will be the approximate rank required for a band 6 in the subject. For example in james ruse extension 2 maths is quite prestigeous and you would need to be in the top 90 to receive a band 6 for this subject within this school. Other schools in thsi subject you would need to be in the top 5 or something to get a band 6. So by getting these numbers you can benchmark yourself. You must also note that band 6 in 10 units will get you approximately 99 atar. So in summary find the minimum rank for a band 6 at your school and achieve this rank for all your subjects that's all. And study for asshole off. Hope this helped

tattoo2200

HSC
N/A
Hey "lightning bolt" in order to get a 99 chemistry mark you pretty much have to come first if not then very close to first. So dont be too bummed out if you dont get there. I bet your can do very well though

RishBonjour

HSC
Hey Guys,

Over the last period I have been watching interesting videos of students who achieved 99.95 Atar + State ranking.

I was just wondering how can you get above 99 Atar and what does it take to excel in each subject and what rank should you be in each?

I love to study medicine anywhere, as long as get in? I heared that James cook university doesn't not look at Umat, but I would need a very high Atar score 99+ to have a chance.

I do these subjects: English Adanved, Chemistry, Biology, Maths 2U/EXT 1 and SOR 1U. (10 unit), so how can I really achieve that high score 99+, btw I am smart and work hard but need some advice on how to study for each subject to get 99+.

Thanks for any help,
good luck in English Advanced champ. (notsureiftroll)

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Hope I can get band 6 in everything, otherwise I will die.
This is a really bad attitude dude :( the HSC means pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things. Try to enjoy the year.

Also, I would reconsider your aims. It is relatively easy to get 48+/50 in maths ext1, but I can pretty much guarantee you won't get 99 in chemistry.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
This is a really bad attitude dude :( the HSC means pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things. Try to enjoy the year.

Also, I would reconsider your aims. It is relatively easy to get 48+/50 in maths ext1, but I can pretty much guarantee you won't get 99 in chemistry.
hey, thanks for you advice, I will try to work hard enough to get 99 for chemistry, if not I might get 95+.

How easy is it to get 48+, I mean what ranks do you need to get in school and what mrak in the external to get 48+ for maths ext 1. I am 4/7 for maths ext 1 and 3/10 maths 2u. I really need to work hard to be 1 in everything, lol to have a chance 99+ Atar.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
I was rank 4th and got 49/50. Ranks 5 and 6 also got 49/50 I believe. I got 67-68/70 on the HSC exam.

Btw, I was only ranked first in 2 of my subjects and I got an ATAR well above 99. I don't go to a particularly well ranked school, we were in the 40s last year. Don't worry too much about ranking 1st in everything.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
I was rank 4th and got 49/50. Ranks 5 and 6 also got 49/50 I believe. I got 67-68/70 on the HSC exam.

Btw, I was only ranked first in 2 of my subjects and I got an ATAR well above 99. I don't go to a particularly well ranked school, we were in the 40s last year. Don't worry too much about ranking 1st in everything.
Thanks for being such a friendly and a very honest person. You have been very helpful, bro

I hope I can still get 99+ being in top 3 for everything. I will try my very best to reach top 3. thanks for your answer.

I have one more question, How can I really study for maths 2u/ Ext 1. I don't really know the most effective way to study bro. I just read the chapter and do some questions but in my actual exams, I never go beyond 70% for maths.

mac1996

HSC
Thanks for being such a friendly and a very honest person. You have been very helpful, bro

I hope I can still get 99+ being in top 3 for everything. I will try my very best to reach top 3. thanks for your answer.

I have one more question, How can I really study for maths 2u/ Ext 1. I don't really know the most effective way to study bro. I just read the chapter and do some questions but in my actual exams, I never go beyond 70% for maths.
LOL how do u expect to get full marks for 2 and 3u
be realistic man....

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
How can you get 95+ HSC mark for Maths 2u, Ext 1 and what rank do you need to be in?

Last edited:

RishBonjour

HSC
Ok. but how can you get it?
Hey man, this is the most effective thing you can do:

1. Get of BOS
2. open up maths in focus for 2u (year 11 book)
3. Try and do some of the "revision" (or whatever they are called - 3 chapters or something in one exercise) - if you can do them all - you know the basics - if not, go back, read the intro of the chapter + example questions + ask your teacher ffs - do the same with year 12 book - for the topics you have covered so far
4. After you do that, maybe today, or tomorrow or the next, open up past papers, do the questions that are relevant to the topics you have covered so far. Covered all topics? Try do a couple of past papers - now try finish the past paper (trials + HSC) in 1.5 hours without dropping marks with sillies.
5. For 3u, open up cambridge/fitzpatrick do some basic questions first- if you don't understand the fundamentals - you better go back and start again - read the damn textbook don't just do example questions - search up the net, use youtube patrick JMT, khan academy and so many other resources! (I covered most year 11 + 12 3u maths topics AFTER the half yearly (got like 65% ish iirc) - so its definitely possible)

Once again, firstly get off BOS.

Good luck. And don't "kill" yourself lol. You can get into Med after 1 year of uni or the second year through umat. Finished undergrad? you can try gamsat and then try for med, still can't do it? keep trying.

EDIT: if you are fucking trolling. fuck you for wasting my time.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

does who got 90 HSC mark for chemistry and Biology, how did you study for each these subjects and what was your ranks through the year.

Last edited:

Hypem

HSC
Why is your English so bad man? You're doing Advanced but your grammar is honestly the worst.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Its Omed62, just ignore him.

mac1996

HSC
Hey guys,

does who got 90 HSC mark for chemistry and Biology, how did you study for each these subjects and what was your ranks through the year.
LOL ahahahaha
this is the funniest troll
u keep on repeating the same questions

lina_hsc

HSC
Hey guys I just wanted to ask and take opinions from you guys,
I'm currently doing my hsc and basically I started year 12 with full motivation then I started losing that feeling, done so bad in my half yearly exam and in my yearly/trials I didnt do as good I passed everything except for Food tech, that's what I've got=
Food tech 40%
Modern history 66%
Standard English 67%
Textiles and design 84%
Visual Arts 64%

The question is, is it possible to get 70-80 for my atar ?
I know it is hard work and the way they calculate the atar is based on the ranking in class etc,
Now if I do really good in my hsc can I still get 80 ????
Please help thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)