8am math1901 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Is it as grueling as I've heard it to be? It takes a little more than 1 hour to get to usyd from my house so I'd have to leave before 7...which is the earliest ever O_O. Might consider chickening out with math1001 during the summer haha.

Thanks

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Not even started uni. Already working out how to skip lectures. Good luck!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Is it as grueling as I've heard it to be? It takes a little more than 1 hour to get to usyd from my house so I'd have to leave before 7...which is the earliest ever O_O. Might consider chickening out with math1001 during the summer haha.

Thanks
Not at all. MATH1901 is fairly straightforward if you do basic amounts of revision.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks
I live in Harrington Park

And I don't drive

So like, yeah…

And I did math1901

The lecturer was terrible so that was shit

But other than that the course wasn't that difficult.

Some stuff was FUCKED.

But if you like maths you should do it.

I HATE maths and got a mid-credit, which isn't terrible, and the 8am starts aren't that bad (I have 4 a week this semester (I skip one k3k3k3)).

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC

Thanks
8ams are actually the worst. I had four last semester and because I need to leave around 6:30 to get to uni by 8, it killed my social life, made me super drowsy in the afternoons. And I was never fully functioning for those early classes. The fact that for half the semester, it's still dark/cold when you get up/leave home is pretty depressing and working 12 hours a week as well, I ended getting really sick and spent a fair amount of time in hospital. Though there were a bunch of factors, I definitely think 8am starts were a significant contributer.

Having said that, your body clock does figure itself out sometime around week 5 and it's definitely doable, just not preferable. And obviously not everyone gets that sick. But a lot of people don't bother turning up (hardly good for your education).

HSC
WTF rip harrington park how the heck did you manage that?

math man

HSC
N/A
didnt go to any lectures really, still got over 90, its a fair;y straight forward course

HSC
Yeah the main thing I was talking about (which, admittedly, didn't come through the initial post) was whether the mornings are that bad at all.

math man

HSC
N/A
well in sem 1 for 1901 it is shocking, in sem 2 for math1903 when you have James he is the best lecturer so it is worth it

seanieg89

HSC
Cosgrove is a bad lecturer but he was very very clever. He is better one-on-one.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Cosgrove is a bad lecturer but he was very very clever. He is better one-on-one.
yeah, I agree with this.

He's smart, but unless you get on his wavelength you're fucked to learn anything from him.

And getting on his wavelength is difficult when he's lecturing.

HSC
Hmm...I guess I'd do 1901 (or 1906) just to get used to things then. Perhaps I'll do linear algebra in the summer..

HSC
Lolwut.

oh i get you. it's the same as semester except you pay up front lol..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)