4 year old aboriginal girl dies after being refused treatment (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Right...

Admittedly I haven't read the book. But, I don't see why not. Is intelligence racial now?
No, the book completely refutes the idea that intelligence is racial (where did I mention this?).

What cereals could Aboriginals farm?
What animals could they domesticate?

Plodygon

HSC
lol my god clearly you have no idea

They couldn't have evolved even if they tried. It's fairly hard for a brain to develop on a diet of berries and goanna. They had no chance, and it's not because they're Aboriginies but because their diet was inadequate compared with what the rest of the world had (crops, domesticated animals, etc)
Every human brain started developing from a diet of berries and goanna, or other natural food sources from the land. Like I said before, over time they would have observed what people from other countries were doing, how they were dieting, what inventions they were using to make things easier - and learned from it. They didn't need settlers invading their land.

And if we actually go back to the original statement that seems to have upset you so, I actually said 'eventually'. Sure, they probably wouldn't have been as advanced as we are now - but that has it's good and bad points.

No, but clearly, you just don't have the right idea.

Last edited:

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
lol my god clearly you have no idea

They couldn't have evolved even if they tried. It's fairly hard for a brain to develop on a diet of berries and goanna. They had no chance, and it's not because they're Aboriginies but because their diet was inadequate compared with what the rest of the world had (crops, domesticated animals, etc)
qft.
Hold on

Plodygon

HSC
No, the book completely refutes the idea that intelligence is racial (where did I mention this?).

What cereals could Aboriginals farm?
What animals could they domesticate?
Importation? I'm sure that they could have worked that out for themselves.

You didn't mention that intelligence is racial, you implied it. And the book is considered controversial, riddled with errors and racism, so is therefore not exactly a reliable source.

Plodygon

HSC
Thereby having contact with the outside world? "Importation", lmao. Why didn't the Aboriginals living at the tip of Australia contact the New Guineans and trade taro/sweet potato for something? (Aboriginals are apparently one race of people working together now, rather than the 10 000 tribes or whatever living before Europeans arrived).

When would the nation have formed? When would have one language taken over from the different languages each tribe spoke.

No, I didn't. It is because of environmental, social and other reasons why they wouldn't have advanced. Nothing racial.

Oh, ok. You haven't read the book but you seem to have read the 'criticism' (on Wikipedia, probably).

Essentially, yes.
You would think, that after a period of time, a communication link would be established between the tribes. Just like elsewhere around the world, or are we choosing to ignore that now? Human development and communication? The aboriginals didn't contact the New Guineans because, back then, small boats and canoes wouldn't have gotten them very far.

Language isn't the only means of communication, either. From this, simularities between the languages of different tribes could have been established.

Not from what I gathered. So you mustn't have presented the reasons properly when you said: 'There was absolutely no chance of Aboriginals making the same advancements of Asia or Europe within any determinable time frame.' Sorry, but I didn't quite catch where you mentioned the enviromental, social and other reasons in that sentence.

Yes, I read the critism on wikipedia. Brownie points for you. To use as an example as to why the book probably isn't good as a reliable source of evidence. Would have been a bit hard to pick up the book, read it, and then research the possible inaccuracies inside of it - all just to reply to you.

Last edited:

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
They're just shit. I can't even come up with plausible excuses. Like, this diet theory makes sense 200 years ago. I can't quite work out any most abos born after 1960 are imbeciles though. It's because people like Plodygon condescend them with "omg it's not their fault", "omg aboriginals r people too", "it's not their fault they're child rapists and alcoholics, we taught them that"
Exactly. You can't explain their over-representation in gaol nor their lower IQs nor their unemployment levels, nor their lower life expectancy.

I believe that their current situation is a result of past injustice toward them. From the collapse of their society and culture which stemmed from the invasion. If it isn't their past treatment as a race which has determined the current situation then what is the reason for their over representation etc as a race ? Do you really think it is because they are Aboriginal? That their genes make them take drugs and commit crimes and have lower IQs?

Last edited:

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
They're just shit. I can't even come up with plausible excuses. Like, this diet theory makes sense 200 years ago. I can't quite work out any most abos born after 1960 are imbeciles though. It's because people like Plodygon condescend them with "omg it's not their fault", "omg aboriginals r people too", "it's not their fault they're child rapists and alcoholics, we taught them that"
hahahaha

Lets be really honest, if GB didnt colonize Australia someone else would have and the abos would have gone through the exact same thing.

ffs, imagine if imperial japan colonized Australia? there would not be a single abo left on this continent.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
I believe you may be a bleeding heart liberal and it disgusts me. Maybe they're overrepresented in gaol BECAUSE THEY LIKE TO BREAK THE LAW A LOT.
Yea and I believe you may be a self righteous cow with a superiority complex. And it disgusts me.

Please respond seriously. This is the crux of the issue.

You think that having Aboriginal ancestry makes a person more likely to enjoy breaking the law?

Explain yourself.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
"I'm a hard done by Aboriginal and my ancestors were treated badly by a far more advanced civilisation, so there it's totally out of my control to change my cimrcumstances, so I'm gon jimmy this guy for his wallet"
Shall I award your non-serious attempt with a zero?

Plodygon

HSC
Plodygon, conceding that the Aboriginals didn't have a lot of opportunity to advance, and acknowledgeing that if Australia had never been colonised, Aboriginals would still be doing what they were 200 and 40,000 years ago is not racist.

But thinking you have to be politically correct as not to "offend" is more offensive than racism, imo.
No, I doubt they would. 200 hundred years is a considerable amount of time, and to say that in that time, they wouldn't have developed with the rest of the world at all, is ridiculous. Basically, you're only saying that Britain, or some other country, had to invade them in order for them to become more advanced. I disagree, because living off the land is how every human being in general started off, and then began exploring new horizons.

No, today, they wouldn't have been advanced as we are now. But they would have been getting there. Developing, learning, and exploring is human nature, no matter what race you belong to.

The fact that I've read some of your other views and opinions on aboriginals makes me sure that your views are based primarily on intolerance and biggotry. You treat them like they are undeveloped apes living in a modern society - and that they shouldn't be here at all. You say that they are responsible for the hardships that a lot of us inforced on them. Taking their children away? Enslaving them? Shooting them?

It's easy for us to say that aboriginal Australians are just whiney little brats complaining about the past, but they are not. We've paved the lifestyle that we wanted to live, in their lands. Since we arrived, they've become the underdogs. And now you criticise them for turning to drugs, alcohol, crime, etc.

I may be 'politically correct', but I'm not that way just for the sake of it. This is what I believe. And you can call me stupid, a retard, a freak, a moron, to all your heart's content. But that doesn't make you right. Or, the better person.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Any isolated society would eventually degrade to a point like that seen in the indigenous population of Australia. We know that at some point they had the ability to create boats capable of crossing oceans.

I want you to imagine finding yourself deserted on a continent as harsh as that which we live in with no more than a few dozen people. Do you truly believe you could rebuild civilisation as we know it? Hell no you couldn't.

It takes many millenia to advance from tribes and villages -- to cities, states and empires. Most importantly however is outside competition which did not exist as far as the Aboriginals were concerned. But what we did see were many unique tools which did not exist anywhere else at the time.

The point being to claims the Aboriginals are lesser than we are because they managed to survive all this time in these lands is ridiculous.

ongitsanjali

HSC
Exactly. You can't explain their over-representation in gaol nor their lower IQs nor their unemployment levels, nor their lower life expectancy.

I believe that their current situation is a result of past injustice toward them. From the collapse of their society and culture which stemmed from the invasion. If it isn't their past treatment as a race which has determined the current situation then what is the reason for their over representation etc as a race ? Do you really think it is because they are Aboriginal? That their genes make them take drugs and commit crimes and have lower IQs?
agreeeeed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)