4 year old aboriginal girl dies after being refused treatment (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Girl dies 'after hospital denies access'

The grandparents of a four-year-old girl who died after being turned away from a northwest Queensland hospital say racism is to blame for the girl's death.
The girl, from Doomadgee, had been ill for days and was turned away from the Doomadgee Hospital several times in the past week before being admitted on Wednesday.
She died on Thursday before her family could get her transferred to the larger Mount Isa Hospital.
Her grandfather Athol Walden has told the ABC's The World Today that doctors and nurses had been reluctant to admit patients because of swine flu concerns and had been treating them outside.
"There are some doctors and nurses in here that have a bit of attitude towards Aboriginal people especially," Mr Walden said.
"If my little granddaughter was a white child, she would have been flown out the first day she went to the hospital."
He said his granddaughter had loved school, fishing and the bush and her family wanted answers.
"I am so disappointed at how they treated her at this hospital," he said.

Her grandmother Katrina Walden agreed.
"I think she was neglected because she was a little black girl," she said.
How can this even happen in this day and age? Are our hospitals so congested that we would let children die on the hospital door steps? Is it child abuse if they don't bring their children to the hospital to receive treatment but fine if they die after being refused access repeatedly?

More importantly this wasn't in some desolate town in Western Australia but rather in Queeensland. Her grandfather was completely right. The only way this could have happened was racism or incompetence or both on the part of the staff at the hospital.

This is an unacceptable injustice against Aboriginals -- and other Australians alike.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Its bad enough that they refused to treat someone multiple times and then they died, but the undercurrents of racism involved are even worse. I would rate Australia as on the higher end of the racism scale socially, but people dont want to see it, all they want to see is that we are a great loving multicultural country, not all the underlying racial tension that goes with that.

I am surprised this is getting any media attention at all, if it was a cute little 4yr old blonde haired, blue eyed white girl then this would be front page, national news for days.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
the fact that they were black isn't enough to show racism. we haven't heard what the hospital has to say.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
the fact that they were black isn't enough to show racism. we haven't heard what the hospital has to say.
This quote from the hospital just in: "yes, we v. much hate niggers. especially abos. we will not let you in the hospital if you have brown skin or darker."

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
why are black people always calling out 'racist' over the smallest shit.

omg, you didnt vote obama, you are racist.

omg you didnt let me into the hospital, you are racist.

omg you dont sniff paint like me, you are racist.

stfu coons

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Hahahaha, you're so funny BBJ. Trolling is the epitome of humor. You should get some sort of funny award. 'Cause you're so funny.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
why are black people always calling out 'racist' over the smallest shit.

omg, you didnt vote obama, you are racist.

omg you didnt let me into the hospital, you are racist.

omg you dont sniff paint like me, you are racist.

stfu coons
take a chill pill man lol

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
its not about taking chill pills or trolling. I was fucking serious. ffs, everything that goes wrong with a black man is because of racism. what kind of fucked up people do we have among us.

next time something happens to me im going to scream that white people are against curries and/or Muslims........see how stupid that sounds? because it is fucking stupid.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
It is incredible how little coverage Aborginal people get on our news. It's true that if this happened to a white girl in Sydney, they'd sensationalise it like they do with everything. Reminds me of the Mr Ward case.
But you know, the old white guy who got in trouble for doing his recycling wrong deserves hours of attention from 60 minutes and the like.
Thanks for the thread. Our outrage is certainly justified.

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
One less girl to torment Tim Bailey during his weather presentations.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
You guys don't know the circumstances, whether what the family is saying is the whole story, you don't know what she died of, etc etc

Band wagon, get off it.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
You guys don't know the circumstances, whether what the family is saying is the whole story, you don't know what she died of, etc etc

Band wagon, get off it.
employee of NSW health found

Plodygon

HSC

Band wagon, get off it.
No, but we do know that a little girl is dead. I don't see how 'what she died of' is relevant. She was sick and the hospital turned her away. Multiple times. And let's face it, even today, in this country aborigines are still the minority. So the idea that she was turned away because she was aboriginal sadly isn't impossible.

I don't understand. What do you think the family is hiding from us?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
it was queensland health :confused:
i didnt even read the article

No, but we do know that a little girl is dead. I don't see how 'what she died of' is relevant. She was sick and the hospital turned her away. Multiple times. And let's face it, even today, in this country aborigines are still the minority. So the idea that she was turned away because she was aboriginal sadly isn't impossible.

I don't understand. What do you think the family is hiding from us.
Lifelong abuse.

Nothing is out of question. They are boongas, after all.

Plodygon

HSC
I doubt 'lifelong abuse' is the kind of thing a hospital wouldn't pick up on. And if she was abused, how does that justify her not being treated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)