;3 Advice on my subject selections Year 11. Thanks x infinite :D (1 Viewer)

xdesires

HSC
There's probably hundreds of similar posts, but please give me some advice? -puppy eyes- xD

Here's what I chose:
Advanced English (2U) - Teacher advised me, but my grammar is . . . .horrific.
Extension 1 Maths (3U) - . . . I dont know why i chose it . . .but Im alright at maths.
Business Studies (2U)
Legal Studies (2U)
Economics (2U)
Ancient History (2U) - I wanted Japanese beginners but my school didn't offer it for our year, and didnt approve Open High School (==; so pissed), so I had to choose from the subjects in that line. (Biology/PDHPE/Retail/Ancient History)

Total Units: 13 units.

UAI Aim: 95 + :karate:
EDIT & EDIT 2: Oops. Well, someone told me that I should drop Eco or Legal and pick up a Science cause it'll be too much for me to study, so I was wondering if thats true? & if theres anything else dodgy about my selections. Thanks. ^^"

Last edited:

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
If you were to drop eco or legal that would leave you with 11 units and you have to do a minimum of 12 units in yr 11. So, you can't drop either of them anyway.

EDIT: oh okay. saw your edit. well then yea pick up a science if you think it will benefit you. it depends on you and what your good at I guess.

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You could pick up a science, i Love science and I hate english but im doing 3u anyway to see how i go, since it is yr 11 and I have 14 u lol

Buti think science will be good, gets hard in yr 12 tho (for biology) with some topics, as for ancient history i cant say anything because I hate history lol, woops just said it..... ohh well

Anyway good luck :)

haaychlovesdan

KIK ASS PREMIUM MEMBER
HSC
Sciences scale better than humanities so picking up a science, especially if your good at it will boost your UAI. On the other hand from someone who does both biology and legal studies i must say legal studies is much more interesting to me than the sciences but that is a personal opinion

speedofsound

HSC
However, if you're not good at Science there's no point in picking it up, FYI. :)

michael1990

HSC
DALiE. (: said:
If you were to drop eco or legal that would leave you with 11 units and you have to do a minimum of 12 units in yr 11. So, you can't drop either of them anyway.
Said and pick up a science.

For your subjects.
I like them.
Remember to put in place a study program now and you will have no trouble.
Economics will be the hardest for you to study for out of Legal and Eco but Eco scales much better, make sure you like your subjects in the begining.

HSC
Would u be considering math ex 2 in year 12? Or just staying at ex 1.

Wow, your doing all the commerce subject ie, legal, economics, business studies, I'm doing the same sort of thing but I can only do economics distance ed. You should go well.

michael1990

HSC
elliottjohnson said:
Would u be considering math ex 2 in year 12? Or just staying at ex 1.

Wow, your doing all the commerce subject ie, legal, economics, business studies, I'm doing the same sort of thing but I can only do economics distance ed. You should go well.
Doing Economics via distance Ed is a bad idea.
I would suggest you do not do it via distance Ed

smushieex

HSC
your subject selection looks fine to me =S
also consider what career you're aiming for if you're thinking of choosing a science subject .. just incase you need it or whatnot.
btw! i love your avatar . :)

xdesires

HSC
Thanks to all who replied. :D

Hmmm, study program. D; thats gonna be a challenge...

I dont think Ill do Ext 2. in Year 12 TT', unless I improve miraculously overnight and I just suddenly have a great passion for it. =/ which I doubt...

@ ElliotJohnson; Lole, yeah. I like commerce-related subjects. :] esp. Law + Marketing. Oo, you're doing Physics. Heard from people that its a hard subject but scales well. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)