2nd time UMAT need advice!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

12em12

HSC
2nd time umat need advice!!!!!!

now i stuffed up my umat, :pain:

im hoping to do it again next year however curious on a couple of things:

can you re use UAC in 2010 if you are completing your hsc in 2009

now, if i can use UAC does that mean i can put unsw medicine as a preference and based on a 2009 atar and a 2010 umat can i get accepted

if you can't use UAC does that mean i can't use the umat approach and have to take the long gamsat approach

or can i do umat in 2010 and still apply at UNSW for 2011 by directly applying at the university, hence does that mean UAC is not the only approach to apply at a UNI and does that mean my 2009 atar will still be relevant to use in 2011 alongside my 2010 umat score.

and if you can and have to directly apply to a uni how do you do that, is there like any method to do so.
please help
thanks for your help and even time in reading this:skip:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Re: 2nd time umat need advice!!!!!!

now i stuffed up my umat, :pain:

im hoping to do it again next year however curious on a couple of things:

can you re use UAC in 2010 if you are completing your hsc in 2009

now, if i can use UAC does that mean i can put unsw medicine as a preference and based on a 2009 atar and a 2010 umat can i get accepted

if you can't use UAC does that mean i can't use the umat approach and have to take the long gamsat approach

or can i do umat in 2010 and still apply at UNSW for 2011 by directly applying at the university, hence does that mean UAC is not the only approach to apply at a UNI and does that mean my 2009 atar will still be relevant to use in 2011 alongside my 2010 umat score.

and if you can and have to directly apply to a uni how do you do that, is there like any method to do so.
please help
thanks for your help and even time in reading this:skip:
Yes you can apply next year. Virtually all uni admissions are handled through UAC, even though you may have done a degree, be a non-standard, taken a gap year without defering a course. Your ATAR/UAI lasts for 10 years, you can apply for courses during this period.

You cannot directly apply to a uni, unless you are applying for a special scheme or course that does not give a tertiary record/creit, etc, this is very rare e.g. Indigenous entry schemes, short courses. Most schemes are cojoint application with UAC ie. you apply on uac and send in the required documents/fill out online forms e.g. med application for UNSW, UWS, etc.

Many students do just that, take a year off resit umat, to save their high UAI/ATAR to apply to UNSW as they look at your tertiary record as well if you start a uni degree. Be warned alot of people do worse, but the majority do get better umat scores second time round. Be sure to have a back up plan or a deferred course that you want to do if you don't get in second time round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)