2nd Degree (1 Viewer)

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Ok so right now i'm doing a BA international health, when i finish that i plan on doing this developmental degree that's also at maq.

They both have quite a few units that are the same so naturally assume i wont have to re-do them again right? but what about the extra credit points that you have to make up and do whatever units you want?

can i use the units i completed for my left over credit points for my BA health to go towards my BA developmental studies left over credit points ?

eh.. i dno if that makes sense.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm not sure on that actually, best to ask the undergrad registrar, especially re: getting waivers for subjects already done.

X

xeuyrawp

fernando said:
Ok so right now i'm doing a BA international health, when i finish that i plan on doing this developmental degree that's also at maq.

They both have quite a few units that are the same so naturally assume i wont have to re-do them again right? but what about the extra credit points that you have to make up and do whatever units you want?

can i use the units i completed for my left over credit points for my BA health to go towards my BA developmental studies left over credit points ?

eh.. i dno if that makes sense.
With regards to subjects you've already done: No, you won't have to re-do them, you'll get an exemption from them.

I would also actually enquire about Concurrent Degrees - because, whilst you have to enrol in your 2nd degree at the same time as your 1st (although it can be the last semester), you'll get some credit points given to you.

I'm still considering upgrading my language diploma into a BA, which would actually only add something like 1.5 years to finishing undergrad because I'd get 28cps "off" the second BA.

But yeah, like Mike said, contact SES.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I'd just check because I'm not sure how counting one subject for two degrees works unless its in a double degree program. As others have said check with SES and any academic advisors that your program has as some schools have different rules and you want to know that what you will do will count and have it all organised. Good luck :)

X

xeuyrawp

melsc said:
I'd just check because I'm not sure how counting one subject for two degrees works unless its in a double degree program.
With regards to prereq's: eStudent recognises that x student number has done y subject. Eg I'm doing two concurrent degrees (history and languages), and I could enrol in third year history subjects in my language degree simply because eStudent knows I've done them somewhere.

With regards to "counting": You get a sort of "discount" of 100 and 200 level credit points in your second degree - I think it's 18cps at 100 level and 10cps at 200 level. The subjects you did in your first degree, though, don't actually count to your second outside of the prereq's (above).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)