2024 HSC Chat (1 Viewer)

HSC
Where do ya'll study like do you have a study or just on the lounge table? Personally, I study in my bedroom but idk if setting really imapcts quality of study.....
i study everywhere literally on the couch in my room on the floor

HSC
pulled and all nighter now i feel sort of dead :headbang:

i have to do a journal for cafs im struggling. some kids are making short journals with just a sentence of what they did but some are writing whole as paragraphs in it 😭 IDK WHAT TO DO any help?

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
In my almost 6 years of high school, not once has a teacher said that they cannot read my writing. My English teacher keeps telling me that they can't read my writing but I give it to my friends and other teachers and they can all read it perfectly fine. These little things bring me closer to losing it.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
In my almost 6 years of high school, not once has a teacher said that they cannot read my writing. My English teacher keeps telling me that they can't read my writing but I give it to my friends and other teachers and they can all read it perfectly fine. These little things bring me closer to losing it.
ur teacher is probs just jealous that they write like a doctor

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
what you writing in so much pages???? but yeah it is i think. why do you want to do so many pages :rotfl:
i mean, i've had depth studies in year 10 and 11 that were around 30-40 pages, i think this is the most i've done; second most was around 50.
i go beyond what's expected and don't do surface level research like everyone else which is why it goes that far, but i will mention, it has figures and images and some are large

HSC
i mean, i've had depth studies in year 10 and 11 that were around 30-40 pages, i think this is the most i've done; second most was around 50.
i go beyond what's expected and don't do surface level research like everyone else which is why it goes that far, but i will mention, it has figures and images and some are large
mmm then i guess 60 aint bad but if i were you i woudnt go over that coz it would annoy the crap out of my teachers. what are the other students doing for that depth study? cos 60 pages would make you stand out big time

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
guys, what exactly is audience reception / perception in english? what am i meant to discuss about that?
Well what is your audience? What is the target audience? What are the contextual values/themes of that time. An audience in Medieval England is much more receptive to biblical imagery/allusion due to the influence of religion, however if you take an audience from the modern day, its very possible that this biblical reference will either be not understood and/or have less impact. Consider the story of King Richard, he might have been vilified in Shakespeare's time due to his Machiavellian nature and neglect of divine order but in modern times might be seen an anti-hero since he chooses to rebel against a society which treats him poorly by his birth/looks.

Basically think about the audience, who they are, what is the social milieu that influences them and what values they are engrained with - and how this affects how the story/narrative is interpreted as. A villain could be seen as a hero with the change in morals/values over time, its important to acknowledge that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)