2024 HSC Chat (1 Viewer)

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Ngl after a week of going to bed at 4 and waking up 12 I’ve gotta say this ain’t it
Practicing for shift work?
Going to work at 7pm and getting home at 7:30am, sleeping till 5pm, one day off then have to get up and start work at 7am-7:30pm rip
Rinse repeat.
Don’t be a nurse.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
you like it???
yes i like sor, i think that plays a part in the marks i receive aha
sor is a subject where everything links between syllabus points within a topic and i like that

guys all nighters are underrated
had 2 back-to-back on the weekend lol

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
yes i like sor, i think that plays a part in the marks i receive aha
sor is a subject where everything links between syllabus points within a topic and i like that

had 2 back-to-back on the weekend lol
I just did that TOO! OMG
I feel like I'm on another planet rn

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
yup! slept all day today and it was wonderful
Nothing better than a day sleep.
Tbh tho all nighters aren’t good for long term health, don’t become nocturnal.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Nothing better than a day sleep.
Tbh tho all nighters aren’t good for long term health, don’t become nocturnal.
trying my best not to this holidays :) yeah too much and I get seriously nauseous

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
@Ellztrap Why'd you decide to become a nurse?
Had no clue what to do when I finished HS, just wanted to go to uni for the excuse to move out of home.
I thought maybe teaching, but decided to look at health related careers instead. Wanted to do radiation technology and be a rad tech in a hospital, but I only got early entry for a uni in the town I was living in and the degree required 12 months of full time unpaid placement which was not financially viable for me.
I then decided I wanted to be a pharmacist, so I got into pharmacy at UC, deferred a year to earn money to move and during that time I worked in a pharmacy and decided I didn’t want to be a glorified salesperson. (Every single pharmacist I spoke to hated their job). So I decided to do nursing, my sisters a nurse, and I like the clinical side of health, I can get a job anywhere in Australia, and I’m not locked into one “type” of nursing.

as much as I say “don’t be a nurse” I actually really like my job. The first 6 months of my career wasn’t good and I hated it (worked on a rehab ward) but now I work in intensive care, and I really enjoy it. I don’t think I could do an office job.

the human body is pretty cool and knowing the pathophysiology behind disease processes is also really cool. Also it’s just nice being able to be like an advocate for someone. People get so happy when you give them encouragement and praise for doing small stuff that they couldn’t do before. It’s nice.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Had no clue what to do when I finished HS, just wanted to go to uni for the excuse to move out of home.
I thought maybe teaching, but decided to look at health related careers instead. Wanted to do radiation technology and be a rad tech in a hospital, but I only got early entry for a uni in the town I was living in and the degree required 12 months of full time unpaid placement which was not financially viable for me.
I then decided I wanted to be a pharmacist, so I got into pharmacy at UC, deferred a year to earn money to move and during that time I worked in a pharmacy and decided I didn’t want to be a glorified salesperson. (Every single pharmacist I spoke to hated their job). So I decided to do nursing, my sisters a nurse, and I like the clinical side of health, I can get a job anywhere in Australia, and I’m not locked into one “type” of nursing.

as much as I say “don’t be a nurse” I actually really like my job. The first 6 months of my career wasn’t good and I hated it (worked on a rehab ward) but now I work in intensive care, and I really enjoy it. I don’t think I could do an office job.

the human body is pretty cool and knowing the pathophysiology behind disease processes is also really cool. Also it’s just nice being able to be like an advocate for someone. People get so happy when you give them encouragement and praise for doing small stuff that they couldn’t do before. It’s nice.
Aww that's wonderful, you seem like such a nice person. 12 months of full time unpaid placement is absolutely ridiculous wtf 😭 rad tech does sound interesting tho it's something I've looked into

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Aww that's wonderful, you seem like such a nice person. 12 months of full time unpaid placement is absolutely ridiculous wtf 😭 rad tech does sound interesting tho it's something I've looked into
Sonographers can make good money (especially if you’re willing to work rural)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)