2023 HSC chat (1 Viewer)

vvert2023

HSC
i'd rather do 1000 of the most horrific ext2 maths qs than do an english major project
trust bro you dont its so chill. literally a whole year to do 5000 words with guidance from someone good at english

band6yesplease

HSC
trust bro you dont its so chill. literally a whole year to do 5000 words with guidance from someone good at english
Or someone who is mediocre at english thereby fricking ruining ur whole MW and hsc etc because it took bro 14 weeks to edit ONE draft. AAHHHHHH hughrughreqhjkjlkcrhnfoiu1lhj;e,'

vvert2023

HSC
Or someone who is mediocre at english thereby fricking ruining ur whole MW and hsc etc because it took bro 14 weeks to edit ONE draft. AAHHHHHH hughrughreqhjkjlkcrhnfoiu1lhj;e,'
bruh that's crazy. 14 weeks is proper insanity, what medium was it. did u end up dropping it?

My head of English is a Doctor of Philosophy so I'm lucky, bro was a machine. easiest band 6 ever.

band6yesplease

HSC
bruh that's crazy. 14 weeks is proper insanity, what medium was it. did u end up dropping it?

My head of English is a Doctor of Philosophy so I'm lucky, bro was a machine. easiest band 6 ever.
WHAT!!!!!!!!! I feel so raged and jealous.
Mine thinks he's a Doctor but he's REALLY REALLY not. Doubt I'll pull an E3 🤮
I did Critical Response and kept it cause I only had 10 units. The other 2 girls in my class did Creative short-fic and despite me having my draft done literal MONTHS in advance to them he drafted theirs first.
he is friends with a senior marker of Ext 2 so she looked at it but that was 2 weeks before it was due and just useless. I've cried so much about it hahahaha.

What's your medium and what'd you do??

vvert2023

HSC
WHAT!!!!!!!!! I feel so raged and jealous.
Mine thinks he's a Doctor but he's REALLY REALLY not. Doubt I'll pull an E3 🤮
I did Critical Response and kept it cause I only had 10 units. The other 2 girls in my class did Creative short-fic and despite me having my draft done literal MONTHS in advance to them he drafted theirs first.
he is friends with a senior marker of Ext 2 so she looked at it but that was 2 weeks before it was due and just useless. I've cried so much about it hahahaha.

What's your medium and what'd you do??
sucks to suck lil bro. nah jokes thats REALLY REALLY unfortunate.
What was ur critical responseon? Everyone does short-fic tho so basic smh. Criticals get better marks anyway bc theyre less open to interpretation.

i did a critical response too, youre literally the first person ive come across doing ext2 that has also done a critical. Did it on dystopian fiction and its relevance to showing trends of societal concerns across time, and whether they are persistent or not and why this may be as reflected by the mirroring of context within 4 novels - brave new world and anthem (modernist 1930s), and, never let me go and scythe (contemporary post-modern 2000s)

band6yesplease

HSC
sucks to suck lil bro. nah jokes thats REALLY REALLY unfortunate.
What was ur critical responseon? Everyone does short-fic tho so basic smh. Criticals get better marks anyway bc theyre less open to interpretation.

i did a critical response too, youre literally the first person ive come across doing ext2 that has also done a critical. Did it on dystopian fiction and its relevance to showing trends of societal concerns across time, and whether they are persistent or not and why this may be as reflected by the mirroring of context within 4 novels - brave new world and anthem (modernist 1930s), and, never let me go and scythe (contemporary post-modern 2000s)
The way this sounds 2000% more interesting than mine I'm dead.
Right!!! everyone does creative, but I think, like you said we're probs better off in the long run.
Your text choices are really interesting Brave New World is great and I like that you did the modernist/post-modernist separation that's smart. How did you structure your response??

Mine was called "Romance is a Tired Whore" which basically looked into how traditional romance is bad but attempts to revamp it are dumb because they overindulge in modern tropes (eg. Heartstopper while a FANTASTIC SHOW has literally every single sexual orientation possible and its irritating). So I did 2 essays that flowed together (had three but chopped one out with 2 weeks to go ffs) 1) Contextual Assumptions and their Suppression and 2) The Damning of Amour Propre. my bodies were separated in time periods with 2 texts each:
1845-1900 --> Jane Eyre and Madame Bovary
1900-1945 --> Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises and Mrs Dalloway
1945-1999 ---> Last of the Mohicans (film) and the Scarlet Letter (Film)
But I hated on them so much I had so much fun but also wanted to die from stress and anger lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)