2023 HSC chat (15 Viewers)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
It was so busy at usyd, I went to UTS when it opened so it wasn’t bad then. I found usyd helpful tho when I found someone good to speak to

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
how is it
how is it
I attended some and then went to a bunch of the individual course stuff and got split up from my friend group and got lost but I also got free food so that’s nice then yeah I talked to a bunch of people but they were saying like supposedly good stuff like it made sense except I have no idea what they were on about like wtf is honours bruh, anyways so I probably should have learnt how uni works bc I just went to talk to them anddidn’t know what to ask vc idk what’s happening in my life and then yeah that’s about all that happens the uni is nice tho it looks kinda like hog warts

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I attended some and then went to a bunch of the individual course stuff and got split up from my friend group and got lost but I also got free food so that’s nice then yeah I talked to a bunch of people but they were saying like supposedly good stuff like it made sense except I have no idea what they were on about like wtf is honours bruh, anyways so I probably should have learnt how uni works bc I just went to talk to them anddidn’t know what to ask vc idk what’s happening in my life and then yeah that’s about all that happens the uni is nice tho it looks kinda like hog warts
WHERE WAS THE FOOD????

nsw..wollongong

HSC
ngl it was so intimidating tho, i made friends with this one group who all wanted to do med and I've never felt more incompetent in my life
mfs have their whole life figured out "i wanna be a cardiothoracic angio blah surgeon" i wanted to cry

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
ngl it was so intimidating tho, i made friends with this one group who all wanted to do med and I've never felt more incompetent in my life
mfs have their whole life figured out "i wanna be a cardiothoracic angio blah surgeon" i wanted to cry
honestly just as good to not have a plan

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
honours is like an extension of a bachelors degree … it’s kind of like a masters and like a masters, it’s a pathway to do doctorate. You do a personal interest project

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Why does everyone explain like this 😭
What is an honours? It’s kinda like a masters
What is a master? It’s kinda like an honours.
😭😭😭
when we go to uni, we will be doing an undergrad bachelors.
we can choose to apply for an honours course, where we complete an extra year on top of the existing bachelors degree, which allows us to do more research and come out with a more 'complete' degree

from there, you can go do a masters, which again, is similar to the honours research project and adds on to your qualifications

from there, you can do a phd (I think) and that's a doctorate in the field you have been studing

dav53521

HSC
from there, you can do a phd (I think) and that's a doctorate in the field you have been studing
I think that kinda depends on the uni as I know UTS doesn't allow people who did Master's by coursework to become a PhD candidate. Also I'm pretty sure if you do well enough in Honours you can then skip Master's and go straight to a PhD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)