2023 HSC chat (4 Viewers)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Jus curious but for the HSC exams for subjects such as chem, physics- r u tested on mods 5-8 only and 1-4 are assumed knowledge from yr 11?? or everything together
1-4 is assumed knowledge for the hsc course, most likely you won't be tested on 1-4 (only 5-8), but since it's assumed knowledge they *can*, they just probably won't.

C_master

HSC
for physics 1-4 are assumed; 1,2,4 are more important. (mod 1,2) –> mod 5, (mod 5,4) –> mod 6, (mod 3; kinda) –> mod 7
Still dont get it ☠ so ur basically saying that we r tested on every mod??

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
my creative has a lot of flair but it's definitely going to guilt trip the marker
Nice. I've definitely got some better ideas for my creative this time 'round and so I'll be gunning for a 20/20 in this one. My year 10 creative was soooooooo much better than my year 11 one.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
i wrote my year 10 creative on phones and i think i got lucky with who marked it because i think that teacher has a sworn rivalry or whatever against phones it's like the one source of joy in her life to confiscate them anyways yeah my one i've done for the past 3 weeks is diptych (cause i'm a fancy pretentious tea slipping bitch). i just want A range; my description is definitely enough but my plot can be improved slightly
Mine was just cause my class a supposition that my eng teacher was gay, so I made mine on the AIDs crisis and I got 29/30 lol. This year cause my eng teacher is Canadien I have some stories thought out about maple syrup

johnnnCENAAAA

HSC
Jus curious but for the HSC exams for subjects such as chem, physics- r u tested on mods 5-8 only and 1-4 are assumed knowledge from yr 11?? or everything together
If you guys want to buy my chem/phys notes just lmk it’ll be a bit pricy but I’ll send proofs of my top ranks in a top school and my internal assessments

carrotsss

HSC
hmm whats the bachelor of science structure like, from other unis ive seen the bachelor of science is just like 2 years of general sciency stuff and then like one year major or something ur field like chem, bio or physics etc.

But I get confused when I see the amount of majors USYD has under for it like if you do a bachelor of science majoring in computer science or something would U just only learn computer science or you would only learn it for a year or so because its a major?
idk im pretty confused
I’m pretty sure most of the course is your majors, and only a tiny bit is the sciencey stuff unless I’m mistaken

natsnapshoot

HSC
For Chem you are only tested on mods 5-8. However, you may have to use the skills/formulas that you learn in year 11, such as n=m/MM , C=n/V etc. This year in particular, many of us had to use the PV=nRT formula, despite it not being mentioned in the year 12 syllabus.

souli

HSC
can someone please tell me how to do English past hsc/history papers when all the extracts are blocked for copyright😭

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
can someone please tell me how to do English past hsc/history papers when all the extracts are blocked for copyright😭
history - ask teacher (also souli use the modern history trial drive i gave u 🤩🙏)
eng (paper 2) - ask teacher
eng (paper 1) - dymocks tutoring has a blog where they put sample answers to all the unseen texts but they also put in the texts even if they're copyrighted on the blog so just use those

souli

HSC
history - ask teacher (also souli use the modern history trial drive i gave u 🤩🙏)
eng (paper 2) - ask teacher
eng (paper 1) - dymocks tutoring has a blog where they put sample answers to all the unseen texts but they also put in the texts even if they're copyrighted on the blog so just use those
ok absolutely amazing thank you
Masaken coming in clutch as usual WALKING W 🙏

carrotsss

HSC
Let’s say you’re internal rank 2 and get 100 in exam, Rank 1 gets 99 in exam and a 99.5 is a state rank. Can internal rank 2 beat internal rank 1 cos of exam perf. or do they tie ? Jimmy or Carrottsss ?
it depends on the internal mark differences, if rank 2 is closer then they’ll get the higher sr and if they’re further away they’ll get the lower sr/no sr

C_master

HSC
Need yall's opinion- Note: Im only in year 10

Should I do Mx2? Im really divided if I should undertake it in the future. Rn I can do most of advanced and some of Ext 1 already but when I looked at the Ext 2 Maths past paper I got a heart attack 💀💀

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Need yall's opinion- Note: Im only in year 10

Should I do Mx2? Im really divided if I should undertake it in the future. Rn I can do most of advanced and some of Ext 1 already but when I looked at the Ext 2 Maths past paper I got a heart attack 💀💀
I think I’m my school they said to do it if ur getting at least 80% in ext 1. Decide when your in year 11, but if you think you’ll get those marks then consider it. Also, I’m four weeks in and I’m liking it anyway

C_master

HSC
I think I’m my school they said to do it if ur getting at least 80% in ext 1. Decide when your in year 11, but if you think you’ll get those marks then consider it. Also, I’m four weeks in and I’m liking it anyway
Isnt it hard? idk ppl said u had to put like 50% of ur effort/time on mx2 or smth

Jane Mao

HSC
Isnt it hard? idk ppl said u had to put like 50% of ur effort/time on mx2 or smth
Just try it you'll never know if you can do it or not unless you try.

Plus like what I was saying to all my year 11 friends who were considering it - "its not harder math, its just more math". If spending 50 to 60% of your time studying doing math sounds fine to u then definitely try

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I mean the actually textbook is really short and the exercises maybe 2 hours so it's not like it's that bad of a time commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)