2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
My physics teacher has actually fucked my rank.
I was ranked 2nd in half yearly report. But in both trials and another assessment task, she marked me soo biased. Like i always argue for marks and even when i proved to her how wrong she was, she still wont give marks. I got all my friends who would get full marks for that section to read my shit and they said its good. I would compare my answers to the one with full marks, and my answer is much more detailed and specific.
My rank has probs dropped to 4th now, and im so fucking mad. LIke when you put in that much effort and get fucked by your teacher, it hurts so bad.
The only good thing is that the other top 3 kids are really strong.
Is my atar fucked? Im still first for 4u, 3u, chem and english. 2nd for engineering.
I was so close to cussing her out and fucking chokeslamming her but i managed to control myself. The funny thing is that the bitch thinks shes "helping me" by "giving me negative feedback". Like, her "negative feedback" is changing words like "abundant" to "much more". She doesnt fucking realise how much she fucked my phys hsc.
RIP dream of getting 95 for phys.
Try consulting another physics HSC marker and see what they say and get them to contact your teacher about what they think

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
don't you guys have BOS numbers for tests tho? how can she be biased when marking it initially o;

mmm don't think you should be affected that badly if cohort is strong, what rank is your school btw?
Our class is relatively small so she can tell by handwriting. Proof: she had my name in one of the comments in my test, to address me directly.
Proof 2: In our recent assessment, i worked with another person and we wrote word for word the same thing. He got 10/10 and i got 7/10 for that section

plane

HSC
N/A
The teacher gave me the wrong mark, instead of getting 96 I received 97 should I tell the teacher or nah?

Current ranks:
1st person got 99
2nd person got 98
3rd person 97 me and another person
4th person 96

Shuuya

HSC
The teacher gave me the wrong mark, instead of getting 96 I received 97 should I tell the teacher or nah?

Current ranks:
1st person got 99
2nd person got 98
4th person 96
It's better to tell the teacher now rather than feel guilty later :)

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC

Current ranks:
1st person got 99
2nd person got 98
4th person 96
if you're in year 12 its better to tell the teacher imo, cos you're basically denying your cohort (and you) higher marks but putting a smarter person at a lower rank i think

Graceuf

HSC
Ended maths assignments on a high! 100% even though its only worth 10%, I'm feeling good.

Side Note: I haven't been on the forums in ageeeess. HI! :)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

Current ranks:
1st person got 99
2nd person got 98
4th person 96
Nah don't just keep it

plane

HSC
N/A
if you're in year 12 its better to tell the teacher imo, cos you're basically denying your cohort (and you) higher marks but putting a smarter person at a lower rank i think
Not in year 12 but I may consider telling the teacher...

plane

HSC
N/A
Okay if it's year 11 preliminary who cares
Yeah okay I'll tel the teacher.
This really is testing my morals. :p
I know people who change their answer and cheat all the time without even thinking twice and it's not even hsc.

mrstripedshades

HSC
would i get scaled down if im rank 2 overall ? like i think my subjects marks in my school wont effect me that much right?

got rank 1 but still rank 2 overall lmao. w/e 6th to 2nd

trecex1

HSC
Our class is relatively small so she can tell by handwriting. Proof: she had my name in one of the comments in my test, to address me directly.
Proof 2: In our recent assessment, i worked with another person and we wrote word for word the same thing. He got 10/10 and i got 7/10 for that section
Are markers even allowed to do that? Obvious bias if they are - maybe appeal to your headmaster.
Yeah okay I'll tel the teacher.
This really is testing my morals. :p
I know people who change their answer and cheat all the time without even thinking twice and it's not even hsc.
yeah if it's prelim then do it. Tbh personally I would not in the hsc if 1 mark had a significant impact in internal ranks - only because I know people who have received extra marks from counting errors without informing teachers & many others who would do the same. Even in HSC externals, marks will not be deducted for counting errors on a recheck.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I'm constantly torn between feeling really good and really bad about my marks

Not to mention the stress from my major works (AND DRAMA PERFORMANCE IS TOMORROW!)

Legit could cry on command rn

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Are markers even allowed to do that? Obvious bias if they are - maybe appeal to your headmaster.
What does everyone think, should i appeal for more marks? There are no other phys teachers tho.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
What does everyone think, should i appeal for more marks? There are no other phys teachers tho.
Yeah, good luck o 3o I missed out one word in my option and it cost me one mark. But the person marking it was the only Physics teacher doing Medical so he gets the call. If there were other teachers, it would've been easier to get an overall opinion on how your marks should actually be because even if you appeal to the exam coordinator for example, it will still rotate back into the opinion of the faculty/subject teacher.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Yes you should but don't go to her, go to another physics teacher and see what they say

I mean you've already consulted for more marks but she's stingy af and doesn't seem to be happy to give you extra marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)