2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestintheworld

HSC
question: For our business studies in-class assessment on financial ratio, I lost 4 marks because the teacher marked it wrong and I went and had a chat with him and I got 4 marks for it and my mark became 47.5/50. Highest mark was 48/50 but the teacher marked everyone as correct for the wrong answer which means the person who got 48/50 should only be 44/50 because the ratio is either right or wrong. The issue is though, everyone got their paper back so what happens now? Do I just come 2nd or the person who came first and everyone else lose 4 marks? I totally forgot to ask the teacher about it.

Katebate

HSC
question: For our business studies in-class assessment on financial ratio, I lost 4 marks because the teacher marked it wrong and I went and had a chat with him and I got 4 marks for it and my mark became 47.5/50. Highest mark was 48/50 but the teacher marked everyone as correct for the wrong answer which means the person who got 48/50 should only be 44/50 because the ratio is either right or wrong. The issue is though, everyone got their paper back so what happens now? Do I just come 2nd or the person who came first and everyone else lose 4 marks? I totally forgot to ask the teacher about it.
It's up to your teacher, in my test I lost a half mark but my teacher gave me a full back to compensate for others not getting it taken off. I'd definitely suggest bringing it up with your teacher again, rank matters!

leehuan

HSC
Pretty sure your teacher would feel bad having to deduct all those marks off everyone else though. It's his fault.

Bestintheworld

HSC
Pretty sure your teacher would feel bad having to deduct all those marks off everyone else though. It's his fault.
I dont know if he would though? I actually feel bad for him tbh but I do care about those 4 marks coz it makes a huge difference and it was worth 25%

leehuan

HSC
I dont know if he would though? I actually feel bad for him tbh but I do care about those 4 marks coz it makes a huge difference and it was worth 25%
I probably would've let it go in this situation. His fault for marking properly but in reality if he had to deduct everyone else's marks that would make him feel worse. (And you might be hated lmao)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Maybe eyeseeyou meant to say first-year Physics, rather than Maths? Because I remember he made a previous comment saying this before (about uni Physics).
Yeah I meant first year uni physics not maths. IIRC I mentioned it in the changes to maths syllabus thread

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
That's one thing that i wish i could do at my school, look at the top of the cohort and be like "yeh they're going to SR"
How are they essays? Coz i always wondered how SR essays are like, as in are they more verbose or insightful
haha well I had a look at a few and from what I see is that they basically have impeccable expression and great clarity. But the biggest factor imo is that their analysis and ideas/themes are not what 99% of the cohort is writing about LOL. Their analysis is out of this realm, coming up with their own ideas, themes and everything.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
lel like 4 times today I was about to post a question thread on the physics thread, but worked it out as I was typing the question out

leehuan

HSC
lel like 4 times today I was about to post a question thread on the physics thread, but worked it out as I was typing the question out
Step back. Nailgun actually had a physics question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)