2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleTea

HSC
Pmsl. I found out it means like writing from two perspectives (like political and sociological), sounds fun :l

I have 4 assignments due in the same week - all due 3 weeks from now - and I haven't started on any yet.

Our teachers are like 'this is massive! make sure you get started on them - there's a lot of work involved'

I'm looking at the 1500 word limits and thinking, okay, I'll allocate a day or two to each assignment.

Am I being too lax?
nah should be sweet I normally leave everything to the last 2 days or so [emoji108] thank god I have no assignments these holidays [emoji4]

StudiousStudent

HSC
Probably lol. But I can't really say anything since I'm probably worse lmao.
You're one of my kind :)

I don't think they're hard at all though. I've chosen my topics and I know the information is available. It's just a matter of summarising and paraphrasing. I can reach that word limit in an hour if I have all of the info at hand.

I'll probably do them a week before they're due and get feedback though.

Shuuya

HSC
nah should be sweet I normally leave everything to the last 2 days or so [emoji108] thank god I have no assignments these holidays [emoji4]
I got an assignment for chem ;_;

StudiousStudent

HSC
How much weighting do you all have left for your subjects?

In Ancient and Modern History we have already gone through 40%. English, Legal and Bio we've gone through 30%.

Shuuya

HSC
How much weighting do you all have left for your subjects?

In Ancient and Modern History we have already gone through 40%. English, Legal and Bio we've gone through 30%.
Yeah, we've gone through about 40% for most subjects.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Fck me, fcken spent too long doing creative and it chowed up my chem time. I hate you engrish

CruisinThru-

HSC
Is it possible to get a high ATAR w/ these subjects?
Is it true that the subjects I chose tend not to scale all that well? The course I'd like to get into requires an ATAR of 91. I set a personal goal of achieving an ATAR of 90 as a minimum (I'm eligible for 4 bonus points at the uni I'll be applying to) so even if I did get 90, I could still get into that course.

English Standard
Society and Culture
Modern History
Legal Studies
Biology

When I selected my subjects I wasn't strategic, I just chose ones I had an interest in or done well in, without giving scaling a second thought.

I haven't found out my ranks yet and I haven't received anything marked back yet (assignments or tests), so I'm not after an estimate, I just want to know if it's possible?

leehuan

HSC
Is it true that the subjects I chose tend not to scale all that well? The course I'd like to get into requires an ATAR of 91. I set a personal goal of achieving an ATAR of 90 as a minimum (I'm eligible for 4 bonus points at the uni I'll be applying to) so even if I did get 90, I could still get into that course.

English Standard
Society and Culture
Modern History
Legal Studies
Biology

When I selected my subjects I wasn't strategic, I just chose ones I had an interest in or done well in, without giving scaling a second thought.

I haven't found out my ranks yet and I haven't received anything marked back yet (assignments or tests), so I'm not after an estimate, I just want to know if it's possible?
If you get 100 raw mark on the day for everything you'll still get 99.95 most likely

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

English Standard
Society and Culture
Modern History
Legal Studies
Biology

yeh you should be able to get 90 pree easy (assuming you are like good at the subjects ahaha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)