2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeLloyd

HSC
The current HSC allows people to easily come back from bad results, and gives the "once lazy, now working very very hard" i.e. reformed students a chance to get a good ATAR. (this part is probably a bit too skewed) It also award those who are good at rote (bar maths) and taking it seriously only when assignments come up. This is my opinion and I could probably stretch it a bit more, but it's all I can think of right now.

Your system rewards already intelligent students, and make improvement throughout the year far less relevant.
Heh, I wouldn't say it rewards intelligent students exactly. A lot of the high ATAR students (99.5+) tend to be very good at doing exactly what the teacher says, working hard on it, and forgetting it after the semester is over.

Although, it's interesting how the HSC rewards students ability to study, and reflect their actual ability with the option of final redemption. Interesting input, thanks!

Well I'm glad I didn't do constant assessment over 2 years.... my grades would've been worse of for sure.
You'd be surprised... there's an 80% of 80% rule here, where your best 3.2 Units (semesters) grades are used, and only your best majors/minors are used. It's possible to screw up a few subjects and one semester for each one, and not have a significant impact.

However, the constant assessment system is a special type of hell for those of us with poor time management and good learning skills. I was curious to see whether HSC students would think that a continual assessment system would alternatively be much easier (because the workload is spread and diluted).

same, but I think its better in a lot of ways. It teaches good consistency and balance in life that can be used in the future as well
It does teach consistency, but a lot of the students are stressed all year round. I suppose it's a lot more like university, and by the end of the 2 years most of the students are heavily burnt out (at least the ones who worked hard). I personally wish I could have taken the HSC, it seems to be a lot easier in hindsight.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I might try this.
As of recently, i've been having these buildups that make me wanna break down and cry. Never experienced this before :/
Been dealing with this since like year 11 half yearlies tbh

Just find a way to relieve that stress

I was using the bee filter, but they REMOVED IT A DAY AFTER PUTTING IT BACK

I'm heart broken

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Who's ready for English tomorrow?! Not me!
I'm not feeling incredibly bad for it, but all my study has been focused towards paper 1, so when paper 2 comes along I'll die

I don't have a related text for mod c

meDAawesome

HSC
Are we allowed to take wallets into the exam room or will we get roasted if we do?

meDAawesome

HSC
For comprehension can you reuse quotes for the 5 marker that you used for other questions. Is there a seperate marker for each question, will they know if we reuse quotes for question a and question e?

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
I cannot wait until that paper 2 is over and done with. Might throw a party.
omg yes, english is legit the most crappy bs subject and exams, I am not to worried about anything else.
Next friday I finish all my exams, its gun be lit

mrstripedshades

HSC
i finish nov 3. lmao.

at least its good for a crammer like me got a gap between every exam but SOR and Maths extension

mrstripedshades

HSC
For comprehension can you reuse quotes for the 5 marker that you used for other questions. Is there a seperate marker for each question, will they know if we reuse quotes for question a and question e?
i think it was crobats guide and he said you can technically but he didnt or something like that. Most people tell me to do so including teachers but i usually get carried away finding other techniques. I'm not 100% on it that you can so dont quote me.

It'll probably pretend on time management for me in the exam, usually I go way overboard on comprehension but this time im going to try and go 40 minutes MAX. Then do essay in 40 if possible (mine can be 1.2k words and its a lot for me, and I haven't done much long/under timed writing or any at all since trials)

btw where do you guys keep your phones during exam?

Its not winter or I just turned it off and put it inside my inner blazer pocket, idk what to do now

Shuuya

HSC
My teacher advised us against using the same examples, but I doubt that you would lose marks for using them again if you really need to. Not sure if there's a separate marker for each question though.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
I finish on the 28th; the feeling will be amazing when it is all over.
tbh atm I am trying not to get myself stressed over it, the past few days I have had a rip roaring headache from stress. I watched Citizen Kane, and read over robert frost and related texts today.
:l

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
i think it was crobats guide and he said you can technically but he didnt or something like that. Most people tell me to do so including teachers but i usually get carried away finding other techniques. I'm not 100% on it that you can so dont quote me.

It'll probably pretend on time management for me in the exam, usually I go way overboard on comprehension but this time im going to try and go 40 minutes MAX. Then do essay in 40 if possible (mine can be 1.2k words and its a lot for me, and I haven't done much long/under timed writing or any at all since trials)

btw where do you guys keep your phones during exam?

Its not winter or I just turned it off and put it inside my inner blazer pocket, idk what to do now
Slap the phone in a bag outside the exam hall, thats what I did last year for ancient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)