2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trecex1

HSC
lol me too (pretty sure I do yeats)

Anyways I checked the most recent HSC papers and there doesn't seem to be any non-essay questions though

They've asked curveballs (e.g. the 2011 Hamlet question about the closing scene)

https://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu..../pdf_doc/2011-hsc-exam-english-advance-p2.pdf

And I get this feeling though, since we're the second last year to do AOS discovery, the BOSTES is probably already planning to mess us up in the HSC
What do you mean by that

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
What do you mean by that
Like really hard questions that differentiate between students who know texts, analysis, themes and how you relate it to the question really well (as well as have a deep conceptual understanding of literally every aspect of the text and how it relates to the themes) to those who don't
Yes I did.
What was harder about it?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Everything.

The discovery rubric was the only one that made sense to me.
Pree sure Mod A's about relating it to it's time frame and what influenced the author. Also you're comparing 2 texts and looking at their parallels

Mod B's about historical time frame what influenced the author as well (more than you do in Mod A). You talk a lot about themes. TBH I feel Mod A and Mod B have lots of similarities to each other

Mod C is relating people to certain things (i.e. politics). IDK if you need to refer to historical time frame because I've never done Mod C

As for AOS, I hated it, especially short answer and the creative response

leehuan

HSC
Pree sure Mod A's about relating it to it's time frame and what influenced the author. Also you're comparing 2 texts and looking at their parallels

Mod B's about historical time frame what influenced the author as well (more than you do in Mod A). You talk a lot about themes. TBH I feel Mod A and Mod B have lots of similarities to each other

Mod C is relating people to certain things (i.e. politics). IDK if you need to refer to historical time frame because I've never done Mod C

As for AOS, I hated it, especially short answer and the creative response
History never made sense to me nor did the periods in time.

Discovery is actually a concept.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
i can't even remember lel
I remember I made that thread called "how to get A without reading your texts" and then I said "I hate english and I hate reading texts. How do I get a band 6 without reading my texts" and then you were like "read your texts"

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
I remember I made that thread called "how to get A without reading your texts" and then I said "I hate english and I hate reading texts. How do I get a band 6 without reading my texts" and then you were like "read your texts"
It's a lot easier just to read your texts, rather than try to find some elaborate method of doing well in english without actually reading them

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
It's a lot easier just to read your texts, rather than try to find some elaborate method of doing well in english without actually reading them
True but you didn't take notice of what I said in the original post did you, especially the title?

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Alright m8. Thanks for the advice
For real tho, I reckon it's the best option just to read your texts. Yes it's possible to do well without having read them but actually reading them will allow you to form a deeper personal response to the text :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
For real tho, I reckon it's the best option just to read your texts. Yes it's possible to do well without having read them but actually reading them will allow you to form a deeper personal response to the text :)
YEah bc you're probably not going to know what on earth is going on in your essays if you don't read your texts

mrstripedshades

HSC
Everything.

The discovery rubric was the only one that made sense to me.
agreed.

for me module c is especially confusing or at least the way my teacher said that you shouldn't really talk much about context, which is confusing when you are doing People & Politics as the link is unavoidable, especially when you are doing a text like 'Brave New World'.

The wording of the questions also gets weird for People & politics, somehow it was my best module, but I think it's just because I understood my text a lot as compared to the others.

My speeches (mod B) were supeerrrr lazy, and actually I need to fucking study like 3-4 of them still as for like 2-3 weeks after my trials my teacher was away. Lucky in trials it was choice based, but I really doubt it for the HSC (at this rate im fked if its anything other than Sadat, Keating, Atwood. I can do Deane too but to me its honestly a weak speech in comparison to the rest).

Btw I just checked and theres like nearly 3 weeks left till the first exam :awesome:

Gotta start studying now, tomorrow ( i hope lmao)

Constantine

HSC
agreed.

for me module c is especially confusing or at least the way my teacher said that you shouldn't really talk much about context, which is confusing when you are doing People & Politics as the link is unavoidable, especially when you are doing a text like 'Brave New World'.)
Definitely do context, however I wouldn't say it is as important as Module A comparative studies, which, depending on the texts you are prescribed with, is often about the evolution and transformation of social values and norms.

Think of ModC's important context as those being relatable to justifying why politics can essentially be used as a form of manipulation and why is it that people of that time/fictional society fall for it? What were the events that triggered and inspired that sentiment and mentality?

Good luckkkkk!
START STUDYINGGGGG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)