2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
i think i did a word count once and for 6 pages i had near or even a bit over 1000 words.

my handwriting must be small af.

what lmao
literal chicken scratch, even worse than mine, he can't spell all that well from what i've seen from the essays that we've peer-marked. Although I've gotten comments that my in-class writing is neat and attractive, since I do running writing, it looks fucking horrid in my exams.

Thank god my writing is big enough to compensate. Small and ugly writing is just bad.

mrstripedshades

HSC
hmm contemplating which subject to ditch for the hsc (basically put less effort towards) between physics and chem.

My mark is around the same but the rank is MUCH better for chemistry. The classes are equally bad but theirs more people that do Physics then chem.

I'd say around 10 students are good at physics, maybe 11, and 5-6 for Chemistry. Rank in physics is 10th overall and chemistry 2nd or 3rd.

Imo physics is much easier tbh but idk and i have physics with SOR. Btw is their a website where u can check ur schools badn 6s or whatever for a subject? I think I've seen a link for it but cant remember it atm.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
hmm contemplating which subject to ditch for the hsc (basically put less effort towards) between physics and chem.

My mark is around the same but the rank is MUCH better for chemistry. The classes are equally bad but theirs more people that do Physics then chem.

I'd say around 10 students are good at physics, maybe 11, and 5-6 for Chemistry. Rank in physics is 10th overall and chemistry 2nd or 3rd.

Imo physics is much easier tbh but idk and i have physics with SOR. Btw is their a website where u can check ur schools badn 6s or whatever for a subject? I think I've seen a link for it but cant remember it atm.
topscores.info

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Meanwhile, enjoying my 900 - 1000 word essays. How do you people even get to 1800? I already get 18 out of 20 (which is the highest in our too stingy marking school) with 1000-ish + some extra words to answer the question. Are you guys trying to write a 25/20 essay for two people? LOL

ml125

HSC
Meanwhile, enjoying my 900 - 1000 word essays. How do you people even get to 1800? I already get 18 out of 20 (which is the highest in our too stingy marking school) with 1000-ish + some extra words to answer the question. Are you guys trying to write a 25/20 essay for two people? LOL
That was my essay for EE1 25 marks haha :3 My Advanced ones usually sit around ~1200 but it varies depending on how much bs I can think up if I have a decent amount of time left lol

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
So is the memorising route the only way to go in english?
TBH I don't think memorising essays is a good idea (unless it can be adapted easily)

Try writing paragraphs and memorising those rather than memorising essays

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
The make it up as you go along one.
Maybe for paper 2 memorising COULD work if you are really bad at thinking on the spot but you need to get lucky but it's risky. Just make it up as you go but formulate detailed ideas before the exam so you don't have to stop and think as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)