2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Usually they say memorising essays isn't the best thing to do. What's better though (don't quote me on this) is to make up paragraphs/points about __________ then memorise that
I do both and its pretty effective even though a lot of people don't agree with rote learning (with the ability to be flexible with answering the question through the introduction and especially the topic sentences)

Do the points first that summarise the paragraph.
Get a general gist.
Read the paragraph. Write it out (with it open in front of me).
Read it again. Write it out without it.

Repeat a few hundred times before the night of the exam with the fear of not being ready for the exam

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I do both and its pretty effective even though a lot of people don't agree with rote learning (with the ability to be flexible with answering the question through the introduction and especially the topic sentences)

Do the points first that summarise the paragraph.
Get a general gist.
Read the paragraph. Write it out (with it open in front of me).
Read it again. Write it out without it.

Repeat a few hundred times before the night of the exam with the fear of not being ready for the exam
What if the next day, the extended response asks you something like "you have been asked to compose a letter to the government about how issues relating to module A affect society and how we can reduce this" (very ridiculous question obviously)

I think in this case, it's better to focus on the paragraphs/dot points but most of the time, they'll throw an essay question at you

I don't know if they've ( for the HSC exams or a school assessment) they made a question in an extended response a non-essay question (i.e. letter, interview, etc)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
What if the next day, the extended response asks you something like "you have been asked to compose a letter to the government about how issues relating to module A affect society and how we can reduce this" (very ridiculous question obviously)

I think in this case, it's better to focus on the paragraphs/dot points but most of the time, they'll throw an essay question at you

I don't know if they've ( for the HSC exams or a school assessment) they made a question in an extended response a non-essay question (i.e. letter, interview, etc)
Just change your essay into a letter then Lol, the content is pree much the same

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Just change your essay into a letter then Lol, the content is pree much the same

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
only thing that needs to be changed is the introduction and the conclusion. Everything else (i.e. body paragraphs) don't need to be changed as they are literally the same thing as an essay altough in a letter I think you need to keep and audience in mind wheras in an essay not so much (don't quote me on this)

Bestintheworld

HSC
We had science study day today and this women for Chemistry, I think she is from Sydney or something and was a senior HSC marker before. She's like 'DO NOT use boredofstudies it is made by bunch of smart aleck students who think they do everything' almost exactly these words. She was so fking annoying, what a bitch. Made us feel like b6 is impossible to achieve.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Has anyone here done the 2016 Independent HSC chemistry trials?

leehuan

HSC
what if u dont have 3 hours
Not my fault. Exams are always #1 priority when the time comes.

And this, but this varies from person to person.
Generally you don't even need the whole 3 hrs. By the time my trials came up, i was doing 3u in about 1 hr and 4u in 2 hrs.
Just keep practicing, its worth

Whilst I never will recommend learning essays, some people are GENUINELY good at adapting.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Not my fault. Exams are always #1 priority when the time comes.

And this, but this varies from person to person.

Whilst I never will recommend learning essays, some people are GENUINELY good at adapting.
Don't heaps of people memorise essays?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

I've speeches,scripts and interview and the can make you do letters etc.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
We had science study day today and this women for Chemistry, I think she is from Sydney or something and was a senior HSC marker before. She's like 'DO NOT use boredofstudies it is made by bunch of smart aleck students who think they do everything' almost exactly these words. She was so fking annoying, what a bitch. Made us feel like b6 is impossible to achieve.
I think this lady's comments are a bit unfair, just because boredofstudies might used to not be as helpful does not mean it is been static like that for the past few years, unless she has genuinely navigated the website regularly, she cannot support her own viewpoint. I think people often get overwhelmed by the fact someone is a senior HSC marker, and hence by virtue, they are like royalty or something. To be honest, it is better to get the average of multiple HSC marker's points of views rather than just one because every single paper you do gets marked by more than one marker (depending on the subject) anyways, so don't let one person let you down.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I think this lady's comments are a bit unfair, just because boredofstudies might used to not be as helpful does not mean it is been static like that for the past few years, unless she has genuinely navigated the website regularly, she cannot support her own viewpoint. I think people often get overwhelmed by the fact someone is a senior HSC marker, and hence by virtue, they are like royalty or something. To be honest, it is better to get the average of multiple HSC marker's points of views rather than just one because every single paper you do gets marked by more than one marker (depending on the subject) anyways, so don't let one person let you down.
tbh I feel that teachers feel that they are more knowledgeable and more superior to students which isn't always true. I mean they may of have had years of experience teaching and mentoring however, there's one thing that an ex-student can do better than a teacher (i.e. relate to a student)

Since when was it the last time, a teacher was in the shoes of a student? If it was many years, they most likely would've forgotten their high school days

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
only thing that needs to be changed is the introduction and the conclusion. Everything else (i.e. body paragraphs) don't need to be changed as they are literally the same thing as an essay altough in a letter I think you need to keep and audience in mind wheras in an essay not so much (don't quote me on this)
If you want to get B or less yeah.

plane

HSC
N/A
Brexit
The UK leaving the EU feels like the the plot to a fictional, alternate history novel.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Yeah and a lot fail cause they paste it word for word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heaps true.
We got a curveball question for mod c in trials and out of all the peeps that memorised essays, im the only one that wrote a completely new intro, conclusion and topic sentences. Even had to alter my analysis
My friend told me she panicked and just wrote out her whole essay, without reference to the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)