• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Mate, my school has a shortage of teachers in each faculty. There aren't enough Maths Teachers nor Social Science Teachers nor Technology Teachers.
We are down a principal, assistant principal/teacher.
That is like 2/5 of the hs teaching staff we are down haha

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
So your school has no principal?
We have a primary principal, and the director is acting principal/acting office lady

The actual principal ha to step down a few weeks due to health reasons

StudiousStudent

HSC
I am SO going to beat my frenemy with this assignment.

She might have a two week head start, but I invested $130 in books on my topic today, and now I'm broke af and have a point to prove.

Feeling pumped :monkey:

Side note: Am I a weirdo for always starting with my bibliography? lel

StudiousStudent

HSC
I find it easier to 'take stock' of the info I've gathered, alphabetise my bibliography, and then select the info I feel is most relevant. It also helps me with the word limit because I am able to allocate x amount of words to each item in my bibliography.

If I just start writing from the first source, I always go over the word count.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Random. But anyone going to the "HSC in the Holidays" lectures? Or have been to one? Just interested in them.

Jakulore

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering, does anyone here who does English Extension 1 do Neuromancer as a text? I've already done The Left Hand of Darkness and Bladerunner so I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about Neuromancer?

turntaker

HSC
Oh really! Awesome :) I was afraid that people didn't attend these and would feel awkward if I was the only one who showed up. Kind of why I'm choosing to go to the UTS ones since there are probably more people .___.
Same

leehuan

HSC
Oh really! Awesome :) I was afraid that people didn't attend these and would feel awkward if I was the only one who showed up. Kind of why I'm choosing to go to the UTS ones since there are probably more people .___.
There's always people that go. Maybe not much but the candidature is never 0 or they wouldn't even run these things lol

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I am SO going to beat my frenemy with this assignment.

She might have a two week head start, but I invested $130 in books on my topic today, and now I'm broke af and have a point to prove.

Feeling pumped :monkey:

Side note: Am I a weirdo for always starting with my bibliography? lel
Good luck! :)

Nah in HS I used to always do my bibliography first but now in uni with referencing being so strict I just find it easier to do it last. Like some units deduct marks if you have a source in your reference list but don't make an in-text reference to it.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck! :)

Nah in HS I used to always do my bibliography first but now in uni with referencing being so strict I just find it easier to do it last. Like some units deduct marks if you have a source in your reference list but don't make an in-text reference to it.
And I swear a unit told me to that it is a good idea to cite anything you've read whilst preparing for the assignment -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)