2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (52 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehuan

HSC
wow you really are ignorant - I've had my year 10 science teacher give a talk about science before our subject selection. Had friends who have graduated do it. And friends who are doing it right now.

So firstly, I don't even know what the fuck you're doing constantly talking in a 2016ers chat, bringing your "Mr I'm so perfect" attitude around here. I mean, I've overseen this thread quite a bit and I frankly do not see your purpose here, unless it's always trying to be better than the person next to you.
Explain then, why I wrote 2 pages to answer a 6 marker and got a 6? In the real thing, not the trials.

If you meant 4+ maybe even 3+ then I apologise. But I full on wrote a huge answer and they still gave me the marks anyway. That seems to contradict your point.

leehuan

HSC
Opinions on drawing up a table for compare/advantages/disadvantages type questions? Most teachers are against it, saying that it looks bad, and some say you'll get the marks as long as you have the info in the table. Personally I prefer to write paragraphs, table seems dodgy.
Erm, I've always done paragraphs just out of habit because I feel it's dodgy too. (Assuming science here)

But I've seen some responses that literally have a table and everything drawn up and still got full marks

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Explain then, why I wrote 2 pages to answer a 6 marker and got a 6? In the real thing, not the trials.

If you meant 4+ maybe even 3+ then I apologise. But I full on wrote a huge answer and they still gave me the marks anyway. That seems to contradict your point.
All I'm saying is, the arbitrariness of the potential marker assigned to your paper allows for the negative presumption for an adverse subjectivity against your paper. Your marker could be tired, prefer short answers, dislike long answers, appreciate depth, doesn't mind length, had a bad day, going through a divorce, family member passed away etc etc. There are so many variables associated with your marker - so the point is that, writing a more concise and succinct answer mitigates the opportunity for a highly subjective marker to become prejudice against your response.

So good job getting the marks - but I'm sure there's people who have been robbed marks due to the subjectivity of the marker.

leehuan

HSC
I've said this countless amount of times before so I will say it again.

I actually feel EXTREMELY SORRY for the people who get their beautiful exam responses handed to a "HATER" like marker who has bias in what they're marking. That's the case when papers were deliberately marked down. Which is what I was getting off your post.

And additionally, I had already addressed elsewhere that I don't mean EXTRANEOUS information. I mean RELEVANT, on-point information.

The marker's bias is it's seperate topic which it did not look like you were commenting on. That's something different. Whilst I cannot speak for science papers getting double marked as I don't know this system, of course I acknowledge examiners being humans and being affected by stuff (though, on a more personal note, I'd probably have resigned my position or asked for double marking), but that is clearly distinct from the deliberate, CONTROLLABLE deduction of marks.

I do recall some talk about a head marker making sure things are fairly marked though. But not sure what subjects these were for. Edit: Or the idea that use of a head marker might be outdated now

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
Blurred out "witchhunting" features in case of mod
but hi i am leehuan
look at that ATAR guys everyone look!!!!
look at my assessment mark guys!!!
(note letter J and letter Q: "omg why are you so smart at maths????!?!")

Leehuan is so condescending..
That was at the time? What do you expect me to do? At the time people just said that and I didn't really mind helping them either.

And now I just casually seek for help from others on the maths section of the forum. From people SMARTER than me.

Also, why are you posting stuff on my Facebook here. That's actually questionable as to invasion of privacy. If you're going to attack me for that do so in PM.

Edit: Just realised that there was more.

Give me a break. I posted that during a phase when all I cared was about HSC. I might not care much about it now, but the fact that you're judging me for my own obsessions BACK THEN is seriously unreasonable. Yes, I was obsessed over at least 75% of the HSC in it's entirety back then if that's a piece of information you wanted to see.

Last edited:

imsosmart111

HSC
That was at the time? What do you expect me to do? At the time people just said that and I didn't really mind helping them either.

And now I just casually seek for help from others on the maths section of the forum. From people SMARTER than me.

Also, why are you posting stuff on my Facebook here. That's actually questionable as to invasion of privacy. If you're going to attack me for that do so in PM.
Which is why I blurred every private info. out
You really need to stop being so condescending to people on boredofstudies AND on the HSC discussion group TWENTY-SIXTEEN

leehuan

HSC
Which is why I blurred every private info. out
You really need to stop being so condescending to people on boredofstudies AND on the HSC discussion group TWENTY-SIXTEEN
@First part Yes thanks.

It's your way of interpreting what's condescending. If I give it off as condescending I would rather be told (or PM-d) that I actually don't get your point. My point is a lot of people seem to stress and make the HSC and it's elements seem a bit too much. All I am merely stating is that there should be no reason to worry, because even someone like me who used to be a COMPLETE DROPKICK pulled out to over here.

That, and I only talk about what I know. If I can't give something based off full knowledge, I either give it off as a question or I don't comment.

imsosmart111

HSC
@First part Yes thanks.

It's your way of interpreting what's condescending. If I give it off as condescending I would rather be told (or PM-d) that I actually don't get your point. My point is a lot of people seem to stress and make the HSC and it's elements seem a bit too much. All I am merely stating is that there should be no reason to worry, because even someone like me who used to be a COMPLETE DROPKICK pulled out to over here.

That, and I only talk about what I know. If I can't give something based off full knowledge, I either give it off as a question or I don't comment.
But when you don't know something you make up excuses
"Tired" "Shouldn't do this so late" "Head hurts"
Also it seems that you want everyone to recognise your achievements
but anyways maybe this wasn't appropriate to post but wanted to say what a lot of the 2016ers think

leehuan

HSC
But when you don't know something you make up excuses
"Tired" "Shouldn't do this so late" "Head hurts"
Also it seems that you want everyone to recognise your achievements
but anyways maybe this wasn't appropriate to post but wanted to say what a lot of the 2016ers think
Of course I say that. I say exactly what I feel. Call it excuses if you want but if I really want to help someone else you should be aware that I will put my guts into it. Ask. My. School. Cohort.

I feel like I failed myself in not realising something so trivial. Is that so wrong? But rather than being depressed over 1 mark (used as an analogy here) I find what caused it and decide ok best do something about it, and then leave it at that.

My Facebook does not exist for posts within it to be publicised so the first thing I would demand to know is who you are.

If some 2016ers got the condescending vibe off me then they should have asked about it. In a manner that one can easily deduce is assertive. That aside, if I TRULY wanted to be condescending, I would be stubborn and never ask for help. Nor would I help either, because "that's allowing people to take over".

mrstripedshades

HSC
Idk if I can ask this in here but I think it would be a waste of a thread.

Just a quick clarification, the Thrust remains constant, mass decreases. Acceleration increases due to F=ma for the rocket. But force experienced by astronaut increases (?) am I correct in that, and for the last line is that because their mass is the same and its in relation to the force acting on the ASTRONAUT that increases not the rocket right.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

Just a quick clarification, the Thrust remains constant, mass decreases. Acceleration increases due to F=ma for the rocket. But force experienced by astronaut increases (?) am I correct in that, and for the last line is that because their mass is the same and its in relation to the force acting on the ASTRONAUT that increases not the rocket right.
Gforce= (normal force + gravity / gravity)= (ma+mg)/mg=(a+g)/g

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
Deleted my response, refer to what IFMN said. I forgot about the mass of the rocket decreasing impacting more significantly than gravity being lowered.

But I'm not sure anymore. The force that the astronaut experiences should still technically be T - mg, or so I thought...

imsosmart111

HSC
book does not exist for posts within it to be publicised so the first thing I would demand to know is who you are.

If some 2016ers got the condescending vibe off me then they should have asked about it. In a manner that one can easily deduce is assertive. That aside, if I TRULY wanted to be condescending, I would be stubborn and never ask for help. Nor would I help either, because "that's allowing people to take over".
Wouldn't the first thing regarding "privacy" and "publicising information" that comes to your head is "please remove it?" instead of "tell me who you are"? Seems quite odd when I read that sentence but it doesn't matter who I am. I've already told you what a lot of the 2016ers (maybe even other BoS members) think

leehuan

HSC
Wouldn't the first thing regarding "privacy" and "publicising information" that comes to your head is "please remove it?" instead of "tell me who you are"? Seems quite odd when I read that sentence but it doesn't matter who I am. I've already told you what a lot of the 2016ers (maybe even other BoS members) think
Yes. You can very much criticise me for THAT. Because that is something I acknowledge as abnormal and specific to me.

Because I am going to question who's intention it was to do this first (even though I have a very poor idea now). As all of the identity statements were blocked there's nothing there that I feel should be "hidden" so to speak, but the intrusion of privacy still stands.

And I ask, because I am already realising that by clicking accept to certain friend requests, I have made a mistake. Obviously, any evidence of the spy demeanour will mean you won't expose yourself, but it's what I am naturally inclined to do.

Unfortunately, you can't judge me if it was what I was inclined to do. Because that's a question to my personality - furthest of answers I can state.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

F = ma is not correct when the mass is changing with time. The correct equation is: F = m(dv/dt) + v(dm/dt) (as you can see, this reduces to F = ma when the mass is constant, which is when dm/dt = 0). I've posted more about this in the HSC Physics Marathons.

imsosmart111

HSC
Yes. You can very much criticise me for THAT. Because that is something I acknowledge as abnormal and specific to me.

Because I am going to question who's intention it was to do this first (even though I have a very poor idea now). As all of the identity statements were blocked there's nothing there that I feel should be "hidden" so to speak, but the intrusion of privacy still stands.

And I ask, because I am already realising that by clicking accept to certain friend requests, I have made a mistake. Obviously, any evidence of the spy demeanour will mean you won't expose yourself, but it's what I am naturally inclined to do.

Unfortunately, you can't judge me if it was what I was inclined to do. Because that's a question to my personality - furthest of answers I can state.
Clicking accept does not matter with FB's shitty privacy settings. Accept that it was a group (i.e. more than 3) that agree with the statements. It doesn't matter who thought up or brought it up

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Opinions on drawing up a table for compare/advantages/disadvantages type questions? Most teachers are against it, saying that it looks bad, and some say you'll get the marks as long as you have the info in the table. Personally I prefer to write paragraphs, table seems dodgy.
Depends on the subject.

Biology department seemed to like tables for compare type questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)