• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Skryzneki was bae

--

How would one describe the unrest of a clinical enviroment in a smell, the words "A cocktail of Dettol and unrest caressed her face" doesn't really work

mrstripedshades

HSC
so speaking to some guys a lot of them got the same ideas in their essay as this sample essay I saw a while back :S is that even allowed lol

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
so speaking to some guys a lot of them got the same ideas in their essay as this sample essay I saw a while back :S is that even allowed lol
lol the whole state does english
like 70% will use the same ideas no jk
my school is fairly good (top 10) and still like the bottom half of the grade all use the same ideas

the amount of essays ive seen with the themes of power or oppression or technology is crazy

StudiousStudent

HSC
my school is fairly good (top 10) and still like the bottom half of the grade all use the same ideas

the amount of essays ive seen with the themes of power or oppression or technology is crazy
Give me an essay over a lab report any freakin' day.

I'm in such a dark place, I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel..

This bio SAE accounts for 25% of my mark. It's due the first day back from hols, but I hate it so much that I'm working on English and ancient essays due in a month.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

leehuan

HSC

Backing up with unique evidence (quotes etc) and themes that twist on the main ideas of e.g. power and technology (say - control. demand, bias, opposition) are what English examiners love to see. As well as occasionally disagreeing with the question, unless you can argue one side superbly

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
3U half yearly today, praying for that 100 :read:

(I swear we keep getting new smileys, I have never seen the gun or the pizza one before)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I've never understood why people celebrate birthdays, complete waste of time.
I agree. You don't feel mentally or physically different (a year older) and our time system's not 100% accurate in the sense that the earth does not rotate 365 days in a year

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Totally agree. People who are over 5 years old and still celebrate or care about their birthdays really need to find something productive to do with their lives.
I think its because they're immature and don't realise how stupid and useless birthdays are. I just wanna rage at people when they celebrate their birthday, it pisses me off so much

leehuan

HSC
a) A ton of people over 25 don't "celebrate" a birthday until they're 70 or something and retired and just want to spend time with grandchildren. They just recognise the day and then maybe have a fancy meal but cut off right there. +Once you're over 90 yrs old (otherwise 100), those are milestones.

b) If you're telling people aged 5-12 to eliminate the concept of a birthday then that is actually EXTREMELY cruel. Let the kids enjoy the childhood whilst it lasts with special days for special events before they have to enter the world of adulthood.

c) I don't celebrate birthdays often; I had no parties for my whole life and nobody cared until recently when they were like "you have to have an 18th". To be fair, between the age of 12-24 you still don't have much going on in your life. But you find that firstly:

c) (1.) Over 18 yrs old - People generally already start to stop caring. It just doesn't become significant until 25 in my opinion.
c) (2.) 13-14 yrs old - What exactly can you do? Not EVERYONE needs a job

The only thing ambiguous is 15-17. And even then you can't be that demanding for no reason. Teenagers would like a good time too.
It just means they shouldn't fuss over it for no reason. Have a small celebration and that's it.

To most people, saying birthdays are useless is like saying Christmas is useless. Because not everyone celebrates Christmas in the religious way. In more simplier terms? No such thing as happiness should exist.

It's not like we're saying oh it's his birthday take a day off school/work. We're saying birthdays shouldn't exist.

leehuan

HSC
I was going to try to think up a math equation for Shuuya but then I looked at his/her (COUGH) signature and realised oh wait I already did one.

Shuuya

HSC
I was going to try to think up a math equation for Shuuya but then I looked at his/her (COUGH) signature and realised oh wait I already did one.
And it still fits me perfectly :lol:

Got home at 4.00, still haven't started anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)