2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehuan

HSC
Nailgun loves spiting me by revealing how much he hates chemistry cause he knows I love it.

Joshawa

HSC
start my half yearlies tomorrow and feel very very under prepared woops.

parad0xica

HSC
N/A
Oh like two protons yeah? The whole thing about how hydrogen is like a proton

ew chem sucks
Do you know who Arrhenius is?

No thanks, I'm already occupied with two guys.

Everything I do is semi-auto-pilot.
I have no reason to live anymore :( :(

That's because you trained yourself so hard that these processes arrived at the current state, so hard...so hard...

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

That's because you trained yourself so hard that these processes arrived at the current state, so hard...so hard...
google does ;)

why?

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone find that during time off school all motivation and just hopes go out the window?
This happens every holidays I just start feeling crap about everything and want to drop out :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Doesn't mean there isn't a chance lol...

Besides, this is like my first time ever and I'm not sure I know how to deal with two (significant) guys in my life. I have no experience with one, let alone two.

They're mostly my coping mechanism for dealing with the existential stresses (and possibly depression) of day to day life. I wouldn't say I worked very hard to achieve this state.

leehuan

HSC

Disclaimer: I haven't touched this end of chemistry in a while.

Arrhenius' theory of acids was arguably a massive improvement from the already developed theories of acids. His theory also gave a mention to what bases are, and the interactions of both.

Arrhenius defined acids as substances that ionised in water to produce hydrogen ions (H+), and bases to produce (OH-). Examples of such substances will include H2SO4, HCl, NaOH, Ca(OH)2.

Arrhenius proceeded to properly define degree of ionisation - the extent that a substance would produce such ions (measureable as a percentage of the concentration of the ion divided by the concentration of the actual acid). To classify substances based off acidity and basicity, this also allowed the development of the pH scale and comparison between relative strengths of acids and bases.

Arrhenius also demonstrated the reaction between acids and bases through neutralisation. The general equation is: Acid + Base -> Salt + Water

There were few flaws that resulted from this definition that required the Bronsted-Lowry definition to be addressed. Simple examples include bases such as NH3 and NaHCO3 which do not effectively contain any OH- ions.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Does anyone find that during time off school all motivation and just hopes go out the window?
This happens every holidays I just start feeling crap about everything and want to drop out :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you know how you kind of stress study during big exam blocks?
i just didn't stop after yr11 yearlies lel
got me through term 4
similar with term 4 assessments
got me through summer
its about getting consistency
each time you break the consistency, it becoems that much harder to start again

parad0xica

HSC
N/A

Besides, this is like my first time ever and I'm not sure I know how to deal with two (significant) guys in my life. I have no experience with one, let alone two.

They're mostly my coping mechanism for dealing with the existential stresses (and possibly depression) of day to day life. I wouldn't say I worked very hard to achieve this state.
Seriously, I'm not sure if you are trolling about the 2 guy thing or what the true meaning is

Okay.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

So are we talking a pincer kind of thing here

Fermat point

paradoxica sandwich

i got plenty

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Seriously, I'm not sure if you are trolling about the 2 guy thing or what the true meaning is
Two guys are interested. TWO. AND THEY ARE PERFECTLY FINE WITH THE FACT THAT EACH OF THEM IS INTERESTED IN ME.

So are we talking a pincer kind of thing here

Fermat point

paradoxica sandwich

i got plenty
um wut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)