2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
wtf, thats stupid.
Intro is the most important part of an essay, so don't half-ass it. Conclusion I dunno, I always suck at conclusions. But remember it's probably the last thing the marker reads, so leave a good impression.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Intro is the most important part of an essay, so don't half-ass it. Conclusion I dunno, I always suck at conclusions. But remember it's probably the last thing the marker reads, so leave a good impression.
The first and last thing they read is your intro.

Jks, they also skim the topic sentences.

astroman

HSC
my mod c goes straight into analysis, it doesn't even have an intro, it got 15/20 for trial.

Flop21

HSC
The first and last thing they read is your intro.

Jks, they also skim the topic sentences.
Shit, maybe that's why I got good marks on my shittest essay for trials (I made topic sentences up on the spot + intro to suit question perfectly).

Hmm now I gotta get in there and make up some good topic sentences.

Chris_S

HSC
Astro remember you are one of a kind! People like myself cannot achieve such great feats like yourself! lol ;)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
my mod c goes straight into analysis, it doesn't even have an intro, it got 15/20 for trial.
In general, in trials they mark by reading it all properly. HSC English markers don't have time to do this since they have so many papers to mark. This is part of the reason why they tend to just read the intro and skim the rest.

Flop21

HSC
In general, in trials they mark by reading it all properly. HSC English markers don't have time to do this since they have so many papers to mark. This is part of the reason why they tend to just read the intro and skim the rest.
So if I had an awesome sounding intro + awesome topic sentences, but my analysis isn't THAT relevant to them, would I loose marks? Or get a good mark (I'm aiming for 15/20 min for all paper 2 sections)

astroman

HSC
So if I had an awesome sounding intro + awesome topic sentences, but my analysis isn't THAT relevant to them, would I loose marks? Or get a good mark (I'm aiming for 15/20 min for all paper 2 sections)
I'm pretty sure they will read through your entire paper, they are getting paid a load of money (I think $100ph) to mark them, if they are found to not mark properly i'm sure there would be some kind of investigation going on by now.

teridax

HSC
N/A
I think that's all the more reason why your writing style has to be absolutely clear and easy to understand.

Ekman

HSC
Intros should generally be longer, especially as that's essentially the only part of the essay the HSC English markers read seriously.

They basically mentally form an opinion of what mark an essay's worth based on reading the intro.
So does that mean having an intro that is ~200 words good?

Ekman

HSC
Not really necessary. I meant longer as in longer than the proposed 2 sentences by astroman.
So then what about what flop21 said, about making an awesome intro and awesome topic sentences?

astroman

HSC
Most of my topic sentences are embedded within my paragraphs, not as the first sentence.

youix

HSC
For Module B, can I use this structure:

Intro
Para 1: Speech 1
Para 2: Speech 2
Conclusion

Reason is that it's really hard to have the same idea for two poems hence I cannot use the four paragraph structure. I would change it but I honestly don't know as I have memorised the essay already.

For my trials, I didn't really prepare for this module (had no idea) and wrote anything off the top of my head. Same structure. Got 12/20. Now that I know what to write and know my techniques, quotes and critiques, I reckon I can get better. The thing is that for the feedback I received, it just says don't write over the lines, handwriting, good intro and not enough linking to the qustion. I didn't really take it seriously in the trials. Can I use this structure or nah?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
So guys do I need a title for my creative writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)