2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah our English department thinks we're interested and super intrigued in Australian Politics in the 60's.
I mean students are always so 'engaged' when learning 'boring' information about the past.

Fiction

HSC
My back up was Law ;)
-slow applause-

Legit?
I have a confession, (not really a confession but I didn't specify what I mean't in my previous post), the test I got 95% wasn't a half-yearly exam, it was a topic test on Maintaining a Balance, I think everyone thought that I got that mark for my half-yearly exam. Not sure whether to be happy or to be sad...
I would be over the moon - it's still a ridiculously good mark.C: Aim for 95% for half yearlies :p

rawrliongirl

HSC
Just out of curiosity, what pens do you guys like to use during exams?

I have used Pilot BPS-GP Fine point pens for everything (incl. exams) for as long as I can remember. They write super smooth and feel nice to use xD

Ekman

HSC

I have used Pilot BPS-GP Fine point pens for everything (incl. exams) for as long as I can remember. They write super smooth and feel nice to use xD
I use the classical PaperMate kilometrico black pens.

astroman

HSC

BIC cristal

Fiction

HSC

The 0.3-0.5 nib pens you randomly find in China or Morning glory

teridax

HSC
N/A
the amount of content to cover for the eco exam, holy crap

wrenos

HSC

I use Bic round stic pens.
Not sure if smooth pens actually help me. I write faster but my writing becomes illegible haha

teridax

HSC
N/A
like fuck

the sheer rote learning in the course is fucking ridiculous

Ekman

HSC
i didn't realise the time-consuming nature of economics would kick in year 12; there's a shitload to remember. like, most of the theory is logical (which i like), but there's also the inevitable memorisation of definitions, and the researching for stats to include in your essays :/

but i guess you need both rote and understanding to succeed in eco - it's not like you pulled random shit (i.e. phillips curve) outta the air LOL
Do you have an idea of what your essay question might be?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
i didn't realise the time-consuming nature of economics would kick in year 12; there's a shitload to remember. like, most of the theory is logical (which i like), but there's also the inevitable memorisation of definitions, and the researching for stats to include in your essays :/

but i guess you need both rote and understanding to succeed in eco - it's not like you pulled random shit (i.e. phillips curve) outta the air LOL
LOL

Yeah my friends are always complaining about eco, especially because of the strict marking criteria in that if you forget one word from a definition, you lose an entire mark o_O

Ekman

HSC
well, the exam is gonna be set as :

- Section 1: MC
- Section 2: SA
- Section 3: stimulus based essay
- Section 4: just a normal essay using your own knowledge so to speak

so i'm hoping it's not gonna be on the case study because that's a bitch to research or balance of payments because that's the bane of my existence. and the stimulus response is probs have info on the gfc (which it should lol). but i would love for an essay on globalisation, free trade/protection or exchange rates

wut

but that's with science lol - they're even more anal retentive. the marking criteria i feel in eco is fair as opposed to science tbh
Well for my eco HY, they asked about the impacts of a depreciation in the Australian economy. Reason why I thought it might be something to do with exchange rates was because of the recent trend in depreciation of the Australian Dollar. I believe it is around $US0.75 now, so think about certain events that has occurred and prep yourself according to that. I thought they would of asked about BOP or inflation due to the recent decrease in the cash rate from the RBA. Asking about protection policies is legitimately giving you free marks because it is so easy to talk about its impacts and such.

Last edited:

Ekman

HSC
yeah, that has been going around the news for a while now - the RBA talked about the increasing likelihood of a recession in the business cycle due to the depreciation of the OZ dollar

so maybe that could be in our exam (wouldn't mind it tbh)
Well I reckon you should relax now, you want to make sure your brain is functioning to its maximum capacity for tomorrow, especially for the MC questions. In the meantime, Good luck for your exam tomorrow!

Ekman

HSC
you thought

my exam was tomorrow

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

srsly tho, it's in less than three weeks ^_^

teridax has the exam tomorrow, not me :D

but yes, MC do require some thinking but they're something you shouldn't mull over.

Ekman

HSC
sorry for implicitly trolling you lol

have you finished your exams yet?
Yeah, hopefully getting my marks back for English and ext 2 maths tomorrow, so im pretty anxious as to what I got for the exam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)